Chapter 36: make her happy

Garrett

~~~~~~~~

I'm a fucking idiot. I called her 12 times in the last 20 minutes, it rang, so at least she didn't block me again. I text her several times too.

Me: Taylor I'm sorry

Me: Answer my call

Me: Did u get home safe

Me: I didn't mean anything I said, Tay-Tay

Me: Come back let me explain

I groan as I run my fingers through my hair. It was 2 in the fucking morning and I had a game but I was here sitting at the edge of the pool, my feet freezing in the cold water, stressing over the same girl. Again. I should just drown myself in the pool at this point. Because everytime I get closer to her I end up fucking it up.

I hear the back door open but I don't bother turning to see who it was. I hear footsteps before Connie sits down next to me, slipping his feet into the cold water.

"So you're gonna tell me what's going on between you and Taylor?" he asks.

"Nothing, we aren't even together." I say.

He scoffs.

"Well, you're hooking up with her. So maybe it's a friends with benefits kinda thing, and I would believe it but looking at the way you're so protective of her, and the way you look at the chick. I don't believe it one bit that she's just a friend." He says.

I sigh and shake my head.

"I'm in love with her. Like, madly, deeply, in love with her" I admit, "I'm crazy about her. I've never felt that way about anyone before." I say as I stare at the water.

"She's your first love." He says.

I nod.

He chuckles.

I look at him and see him smiling.

"What?" I ask.

He shakes his head.

"So why'd you guys break up?" He asks.

I sigh before I tell him everything that happened.

He stares at me in shock.

"You're a fucking idiot." He laughs.

I roll my eyes.

"I know." I say.

"Damn, Garrett. So you really fucked up, huh?" He asks.

"I just keep fucking shit up with her" I say, "You know, I used to be a fucking asshole, I used to sleep with anything had boobs" That gets me a laugh from my brother, "But the second I met her it was like my whole world turned on its axis. It was so strange, because she was always around me but I didn't notice her till that exact day" I go on as I smile to myself, thinking back to the day I ran into her, "If you told me a few months ago that I'd fall madly in love with the girl I spilt soda all over, I'd tell you that you're fucking crazy and laugh." I explain.

He doesn't say anything so I look at him.

"Did you know that I had a girlfriend in highschool?" He asks.

I shake my head.

"Well, her name was Lola. And let me tell you, I was crazy in love with her" he says as he smiles, "You and Lola were the two main lights in my life when it started to fall apart. She told me to fight for you and mom, because she knew that you both needed me more than anything." he says as he looks at me.