Chapter 22: life before her

Garrett

~~~~~~~~

I love being in a relationship.

Me and Taylor are perfect together. This whole week since we started dating has been heaven. I stay up with her on the phone and then after classes she comes over and we binge some more Gilmore Girls and make out when the theme song plays. And then almost every night I go over to her place and we talk and make out and then end up falling asleep together.

I loved it.

I don't why I didn't like relationships before but damn this girl is everything I've ever wanted.

I walk out of the locker room with Jake after winning yet another game. I'm telling you, Taylor is my lucky charm at this point.

I smile when I see Taylor and Lily waiting for us.

"Tay-Tay!!!" I cheer as I run up to her and pick her up, spinning her around.

She laughs as I put her down.

"You really need to stop spinning me like that." She says.

"I can't help it. I get too excited when I see you." I smile.

"Awwww." Lily sneers

Me and Taylor look at her and smile before looking back at each other.

"Party at our place?" Jake says.

"Fuck yeah." I say.

I throw my arm over Taylor's shoulder as the four of us walk out to the parking lot.

"Hey, guess what?" Taylor says.

"Okay, you had a dirty dream about me last night." I guess.

"Ew, no." She says.

I chuckle.

"Okay, what?" I ask.

"I finally finished writing my midterm and turned it in." she says.

"That's amazing, good job." I told her.

She smiles up at me and my heart races.
Jake and Lily go in Jake's car while me and Taylor go in mine. Once we get home, Jake's car is already there. We all walk in and see our little new group in the living room with drinks out.

"Tay-Tay!!!" Chris cheers as we walk in.

"Chrissy!!!" Taylor cheers.

I watch as she walks over to him and sits next to him. I follow her and see Brennen sitting next on the other side of her.

I look at him and nod my head to the side, indicating him to move over so I could sit next to my girlfriend.

"What?" He snaps.

"I wanna sit next to my girlfriend." I announce.

Chris and Brennen look at me in shock.

"Girlfriend?" he asks.

"Yup." I smirk.

Chris laughs.

"Nice job, Gray." He smiles.

I smiled and then looked at Brennen who was staring at me.

My heart started to race as I looked at Taylor who was frowning at me and Brennen.

Don't say a thing, Brennen.

Brennen rolls his eyes and scoots over to make space for me.

I sigh in relief before sitting down next to Taylor.

I put my arm around Taylor's shoulder and she cuddled up against me.

"Let's watch a scary movie." Jake says as we scroll through Netflix.

He puts the scary movie on and we all watch, intensely.

I glance over at Brennen and see him sitting there with his arms crossed over his chest.

He looked pissed but I didn't know if he was pissed that I was winning a bet that I wasn't even doing anymore or if he was pissed at the fact that Taylor was my girlfriend.

Either way, I didn't want anything to ruin mine and Taylor's relationship. I don't think I can go back to my life before her.v