Chapter 9: lucky underwear

Taylor

~~~~~~~

I walk out of the master bedroom bathroom and look around the room, waiting for Garrett to come back. I walk over to the massive bookshelf and look at all of the trophies and medals he had from hockey. I picked up a photo frame of him when he was a little kid, he was in a hockey uniform and was smiling at the camera while he held his hockey stick. I laugh a little at his crooked teeth before the bedroom door opens and Garrett walks in with a big bowl.

"Nosy much." He says as he looks at me.

"You used to have some real fucked up teeth." I sneer.

He rolls his eyes as he places the bowl on the coffee table by the couch.

"Yes, but now my smile is just drop-dead gorgeous." He brags as he falls down onto the couch.

I ignore his snarky comment and sit down next to him and grab the bowl off the table.

"Sitting closer to me, huh?" He sneers.

"I wanted the popcorn, not you." I smile at him.

"Whatever." He says before hitting play on the TV.

I hold the bowl in my lap as we both share it.

~~~~~~~~

"Yes! I fucking love Jess!" Garrett cheers as we watch Rory and Jess kiss at Sookie's wedding.

"Fuck Dean!" I cheer.

Garrett chuckles before he throws his arm over my shoulder. I look at him and see him smiling at the screen. I don't push his arm off, I just lean into him a little and continue watching. We were already on season 2, I don't know how but we just kept watching and eating popcorn. We got refills twice, I forgot that Garrett's a hockey player so he's a hungry guy.

I yawn and grab my phone to check the time.

1 am

"Oh fuck, it's late." I say as I stand up, "I'll call an uber." I tell him.

"Hell no, that's dangerous. I'll drive you." He says as he gets up.

"No, you've been drinking. It's fine." I say.

"Fine, just spend the night here. I'll give you a shirt or something and you can crash on the bed and I'll sleep on the couch." He offers.

I look at the massive king-sized bed and then back at him.

"Fine." I agree.

He smiles before walking over to his dresser, I watch as he pulls out a hockey shirt with his last name and number on it.

"Here." He says as he hands it to me.

"Thanks." I say before I go into the bathroom.

I changed into a shirt which was like a dress on me but it was very comfy. I texted Lily to let her know that I was crashing at Garrett's place for the night. She didn't respond, probably because she was already fast asleep.

I walk out of the bedroom and see a shirtless Garrett placing blankets and a pillow on the couch.

"If you want you can sleep on the bed and I can sleep on the couch." I suggest.

"My mom raised me well enough to know that a man should always give the bed to the woman, "That's a real gentleman, Garrett" was what she used to say." He explains.

I laugh a little.

"Your mom sounds very wise." I say.

"She is." He smiles.

I smile at him before making my way to the bed. I climbed into the bed, it felt like I was sleeping on a cloud. Rich people shit.

"Night, Tay-Tay." Garrett says as he turns the lights off.

"Night, idiot." I say I roll over and close my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to the sound of a bunch shit being thrown? I open my eyes and sit up to see Garrett Gray with a fucking towel wrapped around his waist, slamming his drawers open and close.

"What the hell?" I snap.

He looks at me and smiles.

"Morning, Tay-Tay. Sorry to wake you up but I have a game." He says.

"Are you always this loud?" I ask.

"I can't find my lucky underwear." He says as he digs through the drawers.

"Your what?" I ask, confused.

"My lucky underwear, I wear it for every game. I can't find it." He groans.

I stare at him before I start hysterically laughing.

He looks at me in shock.

"Lucky underwear!" I laugh even harder.

I fall down onto the bed before the bedroom door opens and I see Chris standing there, frowning at me.

"What the hell?" He asks as he looks at Garrett.

Garrett shrugs.

"Did you know he has lucky underwear?" I ask Chris.

"Yeah, the whole team knows." He chuckles.

I laugh again.

"It doesn't even fit him, it's tight as fuck.I'm sure there's a hole somewhere on it." He laughs.

I laugh even harder.

"I've heard him struggle to put it on." He goes on.

My stomach starts to hurt from laughing so hard.

Chris starts laughing with me as Garrett glares at us. Jake walks into the room and frowns at me and Chris.

"Garrett has a tiny lucky underwear that doesn't fit him." Chris laughs.

Jake looks at Garrett before he starts laughing with us.

"I hate all of you. I hope you know that. That underwear is the reason our team is amazing." He says.

Jake and Chris keep laughing until tears start to form in their eyes.

"Fuck you, guys. I hate you." He says before he walks into the bathroom.

Me and the guys look at each other before we start to laugh again.