Chapter 32: all my mistakes

Garrett

~~~~~~~~

It was 9 in the morning and guess what? I was fucking wasted.

I open the cabinets in the kitchen trying to find more food. I was starving.

"What the hell are you doing?" I hear Chris yell.

I turn around and see him standing there holding his hockey bag.

"Chrissy!!! We have no food." I complain as I look at the mess I made.

"Dude, we have fucking practice and you're drunk right now?" He snaps.

"Fuck practice." I say as I grab a bag of cheetos and dump it into my mouth.

Brennen and Jake walk in and look at me in shock.

"Garrett, what the fuck?" Jake yells.

"You guys are so boring." I groan.

"We have hockey practice bro, what are you doing?" Brennen asks.

I glare at him.

"Fuck off!" I snap.

"Garrett, you gotta stop this. It's almost been a month since you've even seen her." Chris says.

I feel that same pain in my chest from the day she left.

"Whatever, I don't care about her." I lie as I chug more alcohol down.

Jake's phone rings and I feel excitement rush through me. I grab my phone that was dead and put it to my ear.

"Taylor?" I say into the phone.

The guys look at me like I was crazy

"Taylor, I'm sorry, please. Come back." I begin to cry.

"Oh my god." Jake says before he walks up to me and grabs my phone out of my hand.

"You need help." He says.

"No, I don't." I say as I begin to walk out of the kitchen.

"She doesn't want to see you. So forget about her." Chris says.

I turn around and look at him. I go to tackle him but Brennen grabs me and pulls me away from him.

"Garrett!" He yells.

I push him off me and still feel anger build up inside me. I grab the vodka bottle and finish it off before I slam it against the wall, glass shatters everywhere. I take my fist and punch it right through the fucking wall because I didn't know where else to put my anger.

"Garrett!" Jake yells as he grabs me and pulls my hand to him.

He examines it as blood seeps out from my knuckles.

"Chris, get the first aid." Brennen says as he comes up to me.

I fall down to the ground and lean my back against the kitchen island.

"Gray?" Jake asks as he looks down at me.

I pull my knees to my chest and cry.

~~~~~~~

I stand outside of Taylor's apartment contemplating whether I should knock or not.

I wasn't drunk. I was sober but I still ended up at her doorstep. I just wanted to see her. One more time.