Chapter 24: because Connie didn't

Garrett

~~~~~~~~

Me and Taylor pull up to dad's mansion and I feel sick to my stomach. I hated this place, this house was filled with terrible memories. Taylor holds my hand tightly as we walk up to the front door.

"You got this." She smiles up at me.

I look down at her and smile.

How did I get so lucky?

I take a deep breath before ringing the doorbell.

We wait a minute before the door opens to reveal my mother giving us a warm smile.

"Garrett! Come in." She cheers before me and Taylor walks into the house.

She pulls me into a hug and I hold her tightly. I never wanted to let her go. I loved my mom, she was my favorite woman. But now the girl next to me was up there with my mom as well.

We pull away and my mom looks at Taylor and her smile grows bigger.

"Now this is the gorgeous woman my son has fallen for." She says.

"Hi, I'm Taylor." Tay-Tay says as she smiles at my mother.

My mom quickly pulls Taylor into a hug and I chuckle. They pull apart and my mom cups Taylor's face in her hands.

"Aren't you a vision, my love?" she smiles at my girlfriend, "You and my son will have very attractive kids." She goes on.

"Okay! That's enough, mom." I say as I pull Taylor away from her.

Taylor and mom laugh at me.

"Come to the living room for some drinks." Mom says as she leads us to the living room.

We walk in and I expect to see my father but don't see him. Me and Taylor take our jackets off and place them on the couch next to us as we sit next to each other.

"What would you two like to drink?" Mom asks.

"I'll have a beer." I told her.

"I'll take a soda." Taylor smiles at my mom.

"Coming right up, my love." My mom says as she looks at Taylor.

I smiled at her, it made me happy to see that Taylor made my mom so happy. I love seeing my mother happy.

She gets our drinks and sits across from us on the armchair.

"Where's dad?" I ask.

"He's on a call upstairs, he'll come down soon." She says.

I nod as I take a sip of my beer.

"I'm so glad you're here, Taylor. It's a real pleasure to meet you." Mom says.

"Thank-" Taylor gets cut off by another deep chilling voice.

"I'm sure it is." I hear his voice.

I turn my head and watch as my father walks in. He looks at me and Taylor and I really wished someone would run me over.

Taylor goes to stand up and greet my father but I stop her by placing my hand on her thigh.

I could feel her stare on me but my focus was on my father who was glaring at me.

"Garrett." He says as he takes a seat on the armchair next to my mom.

"Adam." I say.

He stares at me.