Chapter 14: break her heart

Garrett

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He fucking speared him.

Fucking Colby Scott speared my best friend.

I stop moving when I see Jake lying on the ice groaning in pain. I move my gaze to Scott who was chuckling, before I skate over to him and tackle him to the ice.

I hear people yelling in the crowd as I punch Scott in the face.

"Garrett!" I hear Brennen yell as he pulls me off.

The referee pulls me and Scott towards the penalty box and I roll my eyes as I sit in the stupid box. I look at Jake and see him smirking at me as our teammates help him off the ice. I hold in my laugh before I see Coach Cal glaring at me. I shrug my shoulders before he looks away from me and at the rest of the team.

The game goes on and Scott gets a 5-minute major penalty, while I only got a 2-minute penalty.

After my penalty, the game goes into overtime and I'm back on the ice better than ever. Brennen has the puck and I make eye contact with him before he passes it to me, I slip past the D-man and speed toward the goalie. I juggle the puck with my stick to throw him off and it works, because then I hit a straight shot between his legs and make it straight into the goal.

"YES!" I yell before Brennen skates over to me and hugs me.

Everyone starts cheering and screaming as they all surround us.
I laugh as Chris pulls my helmet off and kisses my head.

"I love you, Garrett!" He screams.

I laugh before I look past him and see her. Taylor. She showed up, holy fuck. She really showed up. She didn't text me at all since our little kiss outside of our apartment but she still showed up.

I smile before we all make our way to the locker room.

God, my favorite feeling is this.

"Nice shot, Gray." I hear people tell me as I make my way to the showers.

"Thanks for beating up Scott for me out there." Jake says as he showers next to me.

Not in a weird way, there were stalls, and I only saw his upper body.

"Anytime." I smirk.

He chuckles.

"Coach is pissed." He says.

"Yeah, I know." I say.

"Garrett!" I hear his voice.

I turn my head and see Coach glaring at me.

"Speak of the devil." Jake says as I grab my towel and wrap it around my waist.

I walked over to Coach and expected him to tell me to come to his office but he had a different plan.

"You have the time to sneak girls into my rink but you don't have time to think about your team and how to fucking control your anger!" He yells.

The environment around me falls silent. All eyes land on me and Coach Cal.

"Huh? I don't care who you date or hook up with, but I will not let you bring down your team for some stupid girl!" He continues to yell, "You are my star player, Garrett. I didn't expect you to let a girl distract you from your passion." He adds.

"It was a 2-minute penalty." I say.

"Where the other team could've won!" He yells.

"But they didn't." I say.