Chapter 1: asshole

Taylor

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stared at my laptop screen which had an empty doc open. I stare at the blank screen. I look at the prompt I had to write for my communications class and frown.

Write about something that changed your life.

Now what the fuck? Who gives a shit about this?

I groan as I put my head down on my desk.

"Taylor!" I hear my roommate call.

I look at my bedroom as it bursts open and I see her smiling at me.

"Guess who got invited to a party that the hockey team is having." She smiles freakishly.

"Hm, I wonder who." I sneer.

"Jake invited me." She smirks.

"No way?" I smile.

She nods.

Lily has been crushing on Jake Peterson since the beginning of her sophomore year of college. We're juniors now. I finally convinced her to talk to him; now the girl is literally on cloud 9.

Me and Lily met freshman year and instantly got along. And then sophomore year came and we decided to get a dorm together. It was a 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom dorm. It was cute and cozy, especially because it was us together. She was my best friend, that makes this small dorm feel like home.

"Okay, the party is this weekend so you're coming. We should totally go shopping sometime." She says.

"Nope." I say.

"What? Why?" She asks.

"First of all, half of the hockey team are asses and literally just fuck people when they aren't playing hockey. Second, I have to write this stupid paper about something that changed my life." I explain.

"Okay, so only half of the team our man sluts but the rest of them are sweet, like Jake. And if you come you can write about how the party changed your life because you barely even go out anymore." She explains.

"I'm not going to this party, you go and enjoy your time with your cute hockey man and I'll stay back and enjoy myself in my room while I cry over this paper." I smile.

She sighs.

"Just think about it, please." She pouts.

I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, I'll think about it," I say.

"Yay!" She cheers before running out of my room.

~~~~~~

What if my feet just fall off? Then I wouldn't have to feel the aching pain that I'm feeling right now.

"Taylor, give this to table 8," Stacy says as she hands me a plate of burgers and fries.

I nod at her before grabbing the plate and making my way to the table, I place the plate down. I looked at the group of guys sitting at the table and realized that they looked familiar. I recognized Jake, but he only knew Lily, not me.

"Can you get me a refill on this soda, babydoll?" One of the guys says.

I ignore the little nickname he gave me and nod before grabbing his almost empty cup.

"Dude, I'm so hyped for this weekend's game. We're gonna smash their asses to the ice." One of them says.

Hockey boys.

I turn around to refill the cup of soda before I crash into someone and the leftover soda in the cup comes flying at me. I gasp as I feel the cold sticky drink drip down me.

"Shit, my bad." I hear someone chuckle.

I look up to see a tall dark-haired guy smirking down at me.

"Watch where you're going, asshole." I snap.

He shrugs.

"You were the one blocking my table." He says.

His voice was deep and husky, it would've been more attractive if he wasn't so cocky.

"Yeah because I was getting your friend a drink, dumbass." I snap.

"Alright, chill out, gorgeous. I said I'm sorry." He smirks.

I glare at him, he doesn't even feel bad that I'm dripping in soda.

"If it makes you feel any better, you look hot with soda dripping all over you." He smiles.

That's it, I wanted to punch this dick head in the face.

"Fuck you," I say before I push past him and make my way to the back to get the soda.