The strike begins

Ino did her best to not slow down the strike team, but it was clear that she couldn't keep up at this speed. "We're here." said Tsunade stopping looking at what appeared to be a normal door.

"Give me a minute to deal with the seal." said Jiraiya stepping forth placing his hand on the door. "Guys catch your breath. I doubt we're going to have another chance until after the battle."

Ino nodded, popping a pill in her mouth. She felt the effects of it in seconds. Energy flowed through her. "Hopefully this last longs enough." she thought, catching her breath.

Choji took out a case of three pills, each one a different color. His hands shake remembering what happened the last time he used them. But it soon steadies accepting what he might have to do.

Shikamaru did his best to relax as plans sped through his minds. He knew Danzo was skilled in fire and wind release but what about whoever his guards were. "This is going to be troublesome." he thought, taking a breath as he closed his eyes.

Asuma looked around worried for his team. This was their first battle, their first war. He could tell they were all scared, they were all stressed. Hell, even he was. But he knew they could do it.

"It's done." reported Jiraiya taking a step back from the door. "Good we're doing this now." said Tsunade taking a step towards the door. Boom! The door flew off its hinges by a strong blow from Tsunade.

XXX

A couple minutes later

Kiba waited outside the door to the root base, and he was bored out of his mind. How could one be bored on the most dangerous, and awesome mission ever? Simple, you didn't get to do any of the cool stuff.

"Kiba don't take your eyes off door for a second." ordered his sensei. Kiba did his best to not groan as he leveled his eyes with the door. Catching the eye of his two teammates.

Hinata did look bored, but her eyes never left the door. Shino well Kiba couldn't see what he was thinking but his eyes also never left the door. Akamaru barked. A lone loud bark of warning that they had agreed upon long ago.

Shino bugs flew out of his sleeve's forming spears around the door. Hinata active her clan's eyes. Kiba tore two kunais out of his pocket. Two masked anbu ran through the door.

Shino's bugs when to kill them but other bugs appeared and attacked back. Shino's eyes widened as he shouted out in fear. "Leave the beetle mask Anbu to me."

"Huh Shino what the hell are you talking about." shouted Kiba as he rushed at the other, ant masked anbu. With a sword in hand Ant easily dealt with Kiba's attacks.

But he was soon caught off guard by a sudden attack from Akamaru. Hinata ran at Ant making hand seals at the same time. "Lightning release: Lightning Palms!" shouted Hinata as her hands were covered by lightning.

"I'm going to help Shino." said Kurenai running to help her lone teammate. Kiba jumped back throwing his kunais at Ant at the same time. "Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Lightning Palms!" shouted Hinata launching her lightning hands to attack.

Ant tried to dodge but he was caught off guard by both the speed of the attack and the power. Ant let out a groan of pain as he began to fall back. "Hinata leave it to me." shouted Kiba making handseals with Akamaru at his side.

"Fang Passing Flame!" roared Kiba launching his jutsu with Akamaru. They jumped turning into a spinning flame of death that was closing in on Ant. Kiba and his dog tore through him with ease, ending his life.

Shino dodged taking great care to not be hit by even one of his opponent's bugs. Kurenai began to weave seals while she closed in on the battle. "Genjutsu: Drowning thought."

Beetle swiftly made the hand seals to counter the Genjutsu. But that was all the time Shino needed to launch his own attack. Channeling earth release through his bugs he formed them into spears.

"Aburame secret art: earth bug spear." said Shino as two bugs spear were launched at Beetle. Beetle dodged the attack, but it was clear he was being pressed.

The spears followed him, never letting up. Bugs flew out of Beetle's clothes and began to attack Shino's own bugs. Kurenai launched her own attack at the same time.

"Genjutsu: Burning body." shouted Kurenai, casting her attack. Beetle felt flames crawl around his body burning at his skin, eating him alive. He moved to stop the Genjutsu but Shino had already made his ending move.

""Aburame secret art: earth bug bullets." shouted Shino, launching his strongest attack. Every last one of his bugs covered in earth release launched themselves at Beetle.

They struck, they bit, they did whatever they could to stop him. The combined power of the two attacks was too much for Beetle allowing them to put him down for good.

Faster than a bolt of lightning Danzo ran through the door followed by Sasuke. Shino couldn't explain it, but Sasuke felt stronger, more powerful, but darker at the same time.

"Come back here and die you piece of shit!" roared Sasuke chasing down Danzo swinging his blade like a manic. Danzo ran trying to escape Sasuke no matter the cost. Leaving Shino to just wonder what had happened down there.  

What could have happen to Sasuke inside the base. What has him so mad at Danzo find out next time