XII

Friend not Weapon
In which you learn some secrets
And earn the blades trust a little more

...~<<<()>>>~...

Techno crouched beside a stack of freshly cut wood, his netherite axe gleaming in the muted light of the ravine. The rhythmic sounds of chopping echoed through Pogtopia's secret enclave. He methodically carved and shaped the wood, his focus unbroken.

"We should not have spent an afternoon making crutches."

"There's a war to prepare for."

"But what if she trips."

"That's her problem."

Tommy and Tubbo burst into the clearing, eyes widening at the sight of Techno surrounded by wooden planks. "Techno, what are you doing?" Tommy blurted out, his voice filled with a mix of confusion and urgency.

"Damn problem child."

"He's the reason why we're making these."

"Maybe instead of crutches you should make a club."

"Or a belt."

Techno didn't look up, his hands continuing their precise work. "Making crutches," he replied, his tone matter-of-fact.

The two youths exchanged puzzled glances. "Crutches? Why would you need crutches?" Tubbo asked, brows furrowed.

Techno sighed, pausing for a moment. "Not for me (Y/n). I'm making these in case she needs them when she wakes up."

"Wait (Y/N) is alive?!" Tubbo gasped in disbelief.

"Yep and she hurt herself going over the edge of a waterfall," Techno replied

Tommy and Tubbo shared a look of disbelief. "She survived a waterfall? How?" Tommy exclaimed.

"Shut them up, they'll wake her."

"She needs sleep."

"Clobber them over the head Techno."

Techno met their eyes sternly. "That's for her to tell when she's ready. Now, keep it down. She's resting."

Their curiosity tempered by Techno's admonition, Tommy and Tubbo watched in silence as Techno continued crafting the makeshift crutches. The rhythmic sounds of wood being shaped filled the ravine, creating a temporary distraction from the weight of recent events.

With a final touch, Techno stood up, crutches in hand. "Now, let her rest. When she wakes up, I'll be back with these."

Tommy and Tubbo nodded in understanding, the gravity of the situation sinking in. They retreated from the clearing, leaving Techno alone with the crutches and the lingering echoes of their conversation.

...~<<<()>>>~...

(Y/N) woke up groggily to the sound of raised voices echoing through the walls of their makeshift base. The familiar tones of Tommy and Wilbur in a heated argument cut through the morning silence. Stumbling out of her room, her broken leg protesting, she followed the noise.

In the main room, Tommy and Wilbur faced each other, tension in the air like a storm about to break. Wilbur's voice carried frustration and disappointment as he berated Tommy for the reckless path to Pogtopia.

"Why are we even fighting for this side, Tommy? If Fundy and Quackity had found our base, we'd be done! Tubbo had to save us," Wilbur bellowed, frustration etched on his face.