XXVI

The Butcher Army
In which... well... everything goes wrong

...~<<<()>>>~...

Amidst the snow-laden clearing, Technoblade stood tall, facing the approaching Butcher army. His netherite armor glinted in the moonlight, a stark contrast to the frost-covered ground beneath him. As Tubbo, Quackity, Fundy, and Ranboo closed in, the tension in the air became palpable.

"Technoblade, you can't talk your way out of this one," Quackity spat, his eyes narrowing with disdain.

Fundy, fueled by past grievances, growled, "No more tricks, Techno. It's over."

Tubbo, the leader of the group, raised his weapon, a silent signal to end the charade. However, Technoblade raised a hand, a gesture for them to pause.

"Wait. Hear me out," he implored, his voice carrying an unusual sincerity. "I'm retired from anarchy and war. I've left that life behind."

Quackity scoffed, "Retired? You think we'd believe that? After everything you've done?"

Techno, undeterred, continued, "I've built a new life, away from the chaos. There's no reason for us to keep fighting."

Fundy, skepticism etched on his face, questioned, "Why should we trust you, Techno?"

"I'm not the same person you once knew," Technoblade asserted. "I've found peace in solitude. I'm not here to harm anyone."

Tubbo, conflicted but resolute, lowered his weapon slightly. "Why should we believe you've changed?"

Technoblade sighed, "Actions speak louder than words. Judge me by my deeds. But attacking me here won't change anything. It'll only perpetuate the cycle of violence."

Ranboo, the least certain among them, interjected, "Maybe we should listen. Is there really no other way?"

Technoblade nodded, "I'm done with conflict. Let's find a resolution that doesn't involve bloodshed."

The cold night air hung heavy with uncertainty as the Butcher army stood at a crossroads. Technoblade, once a figure of chaos, now sought a different path, hoping that reason might prevail over revenge in the frozen expanse of the North.

Tubbo's voice echoed through the snowy forest, his determination cutting through the cold air. "You and (Y/n) are coming with us. It's time to put an end to this."

Technoblade's eyes narrowed, a defensive edge to his voice. "Leave (Y/n) out of this. She has nothing to do with it."

Quackity scoffed, "We know her involvement, Techno. You both need to answer for the chaos you've caused."

Fundy stepped forward, revealing the scar on his neck, a stark reminder of a past encounter. "Look at this, Techno. She's not innocent. She's part of the chaos, just like you."

Techno's gaze flickered between them, frustration and concern etched on his face. "I've retired from anarchy. Whatever issues you have with me, don't drag her into it."

Tubbo remained resolute, the tension escalating in the frigid air. The snowy forest stood witness to a confrontation that could shatter the fragile peace, and (Y/n)'s absence lingered as an ominous uncertainty.

Quackity's smirk widened, a sinister glint in his eyes. "Here's the deal, Techno. Come with us quietly, and you won't have to watch us execute (Y/n)."

Technoblade's eyes flared with a mix of anger and disbelief. "You're crossing a line, Quackity. (Y/n) has nothing to do with this vendetta of yours."