Part 1, 2. Maroon

Brown was the color of your eyes when mine first saw you, and orange was the color of the afternoon sky as we went to that concert we had found out about a day prior. You were in the band and the school band got to go anyways, I was chosen to go for being a good cadet and you, Roy, know that if being good was the case you never would have gone. Red was your attitude upon the first time we interacted, while beige was my response to your bizarre questions. You asked me what my IQ was, a score that does not accurately reflect a person's intelligence, because although yours was relatively high we both came to find out that I surpassed you in most comprehensive things.

     Gold was the color of the evening sky as the night progressed, and violet was how quickly I mistakenly fell for you. I didn't know what it was, the arrogance? The try-hard personality? Or maybe how cute it was how much you tried to convince yourself you were better than everyone else. August 28th, you told me was your birthday, a day I can never forget as long as I live. As much as I resent you now, that's the way I loved you and how hastily obsessed I became in such a short night. We left the concert, boarded the bus, and sat in the back with other kids who I knew were as fake as plastic but could just as easily convince us they were as real as a love that lasted forever. The night was beautiful and It felt like forever, living in the moment like living in a fraction of a second.

     Pink were the butterflies that fluttered inside of me, and blue was the sadness I felt that you might have lacked the same feeling rushing through my arteries, into my heart, and out into my veins. Hope was one thing that I could clearly see through the lenses of my eyes, and despair was that tingling doubt in the back of my head that you only saw me as a friend, but that's when I saw the look in your eyes, that's when all of the colors swarmed my consciousness out of nowhere once again. Brown, orange, red, beige, gold, violet, pink, and blue. They all fluttered as they were birds in a flock, flying upwards toward the sky. The only color that stayed with me was blue, the doubt and the tears lingering within it... But I looked up at the sky later that night as we got off the bus and went back into our dorms; it was hopeful, it was happy, it was maroon. A beautiful sight that felt like it could only possibly be witnessed once in a lifetime. I saw it again tonight, the sky shadowing over me, maroon. It made me think about you after all of this time passed. It brought me back to the good times of when we first met when the sky was maroon, maroon like tonight, on midnights like this.