Part 1, 10. Hits Different

Normally I was good at moving on, but It hits different because it's you... Brody, you were one of the greatest friends I had. Similar to Omari, our downfall was kinda my fault, and different to Omari, you didn't do anything to deserve my betrayal. I am so sorry that I left our barracks after we exposed Justice, but you have to understand that it was for love and peace of mind. I feel so bad that I wasn't a true friend but obsession got the best of me. Please don't blame me, I mean, love made me crazy. You helped me in every situation and all I did was take you for granted like a wishing star; an occurrence that only happens once in a blue moon but goes away just as fast as it comes.

     I want to thank you for letting me go, it was the best thing for you. I want the best for you and I think that if we are in each other's lives we would compromise that. I loved you more than most of the people I dated, platonically, of course. I had only realized how much of a traitor I was after my best friend Mia stopped being friends with me for the same reason, but she's not important anymore, this story is about you. I still think about how you are the one who introduced me to Roy in the first place. I had just met you because like Roy, it was also your first semester and he walked past us and upon first sight I asked you who he was. You told me his name and I honestly thought he was ugly until the concert that I inevitably went to with him 2 days later, when I realized I had fallen in love with him out of the blue, or should I say maroon? We were so alike in all the best and worst ways. I never thought we would've stopped being friends, and moving on is usually easy for me to do, but God, it hits so different because it's you.

     When you first said you needed a break from me because of how much I was to handle, I got angry at you and spread horrible rumors about you, and I would wish a thousand times to go back and fix what I did. Although this doesn't justify what I did, the papers that were passed around about you were Todd's idea when we became friends, I just told him it was a good idea, and then well, he did it. I wish you forgave me but at the same time I feel that I may have not been deserving of your forgiveness, I gave you space and I hope that helped. The other day I texted My friend Ryan to tell Roy to tell you in band class that I was sorry all these months later. I never heard back from him, but I hope you came to forgive me anyways, and I'm sorry for not coming back to apologize to you in person, something happened with my dad so I couldn't come back. Now I go to a high school called Burncoat High School, which is in my hometown. It can be fun but also super boring. The people here are a mess but my teachers are great so that's good, If I could go back I'd run faster than the way light reflects itself in a room with a thousand mirrors. I'm afraid I'll never find a good friend such as you, and thinking about that just really hits different on midnights like this.