Part 1, 7. Sweet Nothing

There's nothing as sweet as nothing, when someone you love wants something more from you. I want someone who wants nothing, plain old sweet nothing. Nothing but the loving, kind, humorous personality traits their hearts put on display. Nothing is as good as a true love, and a knockoff is nothing I need. I don't want to say your name, but for the last two months I've been obsessed, a dangerous kind of obsessed, not the violent serial killer kind, but the kind that keeps you up at night, crying, because I believe we can never be together. Charlie wanted popularity, Roy wanted my body, Justice wanted to see me cry, and Todd just wanted my laptop. All I wanted from them was nothing, sweet nothing.

     No one I have ever been with has wanted nothing, they always want more from me, but you, you seem like you don't need anything more than the person you devote your life to. You want nothing but to love and to be loving your partner for who they are and for all of their beautiful problems and insecurities. Your beautiful hair, your patient personality, your graceful silence, I can see the beauty within you, I can see us. Your glistening eyes that look deep into my soul every time I see you stare at me from across the room, they are like a gift from God themself. I've heard whispers in the wind that you may like me, and that's when I felt the most wondrous warmth of the auroras, that is your energy, making sparks fly whenever you're around. I saw you at a school event, and the girl you were standing with pushed you towards me as if she was trying to convince you to make the first move, and then at the theater when she saw me again and nudged you towards me for a second time. Finally I saw you yesterday when you were going to sit next to me but you changed your mind. I think it's because you are scared that I'll reject you if you ask me, but I want you to know that I adore you.

Falling for someone, It's like a ticking time bomb. It'll make me cry if I wait far too long, like the majestic but deadly Niagara Falls, like the beautiful mini explosions on the sun that are so dazzling and beautiful but as beautiful as they are they could just as easily burn you alive. I remember your reflection in the doorway on the first day that I saw you, and you caught my eye faster than the way you blushed and looked away the first time we made eye contact for an entire minute. I love the way I see you feel, oh, so free when you are with your best friends at lunch. That smile could light up a whole city, It sure lit up mine and sometimes all I can think about is the blackout in my life if you didn't like me back. I know I would be very disappointed because there are a lot of people out there but it seems like no one is right for me, but you feel so right. Life may be short but we could sure make the best of it, I know we would. If we were to be together I promise I wouldn't ask anything of you, I want nothing but you, I just want sweet nothing... Nothing. Nothing is what I think about and all of the nothing I could have if I knew for sure you loved me too, I hope you are thinking about me and sweet nothing when you are wide awake; wishing on a wishing star, on midnights like this.