Part 2, 16. High Infidelity

I remember when I walked the ballroom floor alone waiting for you, watching everyone so in love and dancing together under the maroon sky on puddles of mystical midnight rain. While I was dancing alone under the navy blue neon lights of sadness, you were off dancing somewhere else; with someone else, you were dancing in high infidelity that night. I don't know what J was doing in your room that night. You said it was math homework, but when I asked him, he said it was geography. I don't know what you were doing in that room but the fact that his hair was wet didn't help what I was thinking either. Even after everything you do I still love you and you have stabbed me in the back and twisted the knife too many times to even keep track of anymore. But I would stay forever if you called me right now, just call me, tell me not to go, not to forget about you, I'll be waiting, and I'll be loving you.

Now that we don't talk, I still wonder if you think about me, I bet you still do. I also bet that you are off cheating on another innocent lover of yours. I mean, when I first met you, you said you had a girl back home, how did I not take that as a red flag!? Even after that I still love you. The way you would flirt with other guys right in front of me and disregard my existence, you treated me like a kid just because I was younger than the other people you dated. Even after that I still love you. You even went out with my ex before me, despite knowing what he did to me and how much I loved you after I didn't even know you for even one midnight. I screamed at you when I saw him leave your room, it was my last straw. From there, that is when I dumped you, and it was for all the right reasons, baby. Even after that I still love you, and I hope that when you look in the mirror, you see yourself and you see me, crying, thinking about your high infidelity on midnights like this.