Part 2, 15. Glitch

You opened the door to the theater room and there you saw us, me and Charlie, hanging out on the couch, and you ran away. Why? Well, I mean, I'd probably run away too. I didn't know whether or not I could trust you, J, you were one of the biggest drama queens in the whole school but you didn't tell anyone what you saw, right away at least. I don't know how we had a falling out, you always kept that secret from that night and you were always such a good friend. There's a good possibility that I was the problem but the thing is that, I genuinely do not remember what I did, so I do not remember what caused us to become enemies. It's almost as if there was some sort of glitch.

     I remember how that kid, Gavin, used to bully you because you're gay. I am so sorry that he did what he did to you behind closed doors, I really am, but I feel as though you were taking it out on me. I mean, he got kicked out for fighting a kid because of his skin color, so I guess karma got him back for you. You were always so mean to me, out of everyone you could have chosen, was it because I wasn't bullied like you were? It's so sad to think that we were such good friends, but I guess the bad blood really slithered its way between us. Maybe Charlie lied to you about something when me and him broke up, but I guess I'll never know... I just hope you had a good reason among everything, for the way you just stopped talking to me.

     I knew it was the last straw of our friendship when you came to visit the barracks I moved to after the Justice incident, and you had the audacity to go into the computer room and talk shit about me and say that I was gay. You knew I was still keeping it a secret in fear of persecution but you wanted me to suffer like you did, what you said didn't even make me suffer as much as I did when I saw you exit Roy's room. You aren't the only person who I've stopped being friends with, but it's happened a lot lately. When I think of you, I think about that horrendous bug in the system, that glitch, the glitch that ruined everything on midnights like this.