21

As suggested, Wangji took Wuxian into Caiyi town the following day. Wuxian had crossed paths with a couple wild dogs and some were even dogs of other owners, and he seemed to have been fine. No fear, no worry, and no jumping behind Wangji for protection. Though Wangji would miss that clingy moment, he was happy that Wuxian overcame his fear of dogs.

Since they were in town, they decided to eat lunch at the Hunan Restaurant that Wuxian likes so much. Wangji ordered for them both. The two has a nice and peaceful lunch together. Wangji then walked through town with him for a little while just to pass some time. As there was a conference meeting coming up and Lan Xichen being the Chief Cultivator, there were a few smaller clans already in town. Even the Jin Sect was in.

Wuxian grinned when he saw Fairy. He then walked over to Jin Ling, "Jin Ling?" Wuxian called out.

"Uncle Wei," he said, and was about to call Fairy away but Wuxian was in front of him already and he didn't seem to mind Fairy at all.

"How are you?" Wuxian asked.

"I am hanging in there," Jin Ling replied, "I appreciate that you came to Lanling to help me out for those couple weeks. It was helpful and the sect is doing much better."

"Of course, if you ever need help don't hesitate to come find me. I will be here in Gusu from now on as it is my new home," Wuxian told him.

"Huh?" Jin Ling asked and saw Wangji beside Wuxian, "oh, hello Hanguang Jun, my apologies for not greeting you sooner. I didn't even realize you were with Uncle Wei."

Wangji nodded, "it is alright," Wangji replied, "and Wei Ying is my fiancé, so I will be beside him all the time."

Jin Ling nodded, "I understand," he said, "is Fairy not bothering you?"

"No, I recently got over my fear of dogs so Fairy is fine," Wuxian said.

"That's good to know," Jin Ling said, "JiuJiu will be meeting me soon...did you want to meet him?"

"A little later, I know he wants to speak with me but I need some time," Wuxian said.

"Alright," Jin Ling said.

"Did you want to walk with us back to Cloud Recesses?" Wuxian asked.

"I appreciate it but as I said, JiuJiu is to meet up with me in a bit," Jin Ling said.

"Then I will see you a little later," Wuxian said.

"See you soon," Jin Ling said.

Wuxian then walked away with Wangji. As they walked Wangji took Wuxian's hand. Wuxian smiled and looked at him, "He is doing better," Wangji said, "his temper has calmed down."

"Honestly, when I was in Lanling with him, all he wanted was to talk. I let him and listened to him. He wanted to know more about his parents. I told him a lot about his mother. I told him what I could about his father but I told him I didn't get a long with him well. I did tell him he was a lot like him though," Wuxian explained, "in terms of nobility and pride. He has his mother's heart, but he just needs to find it."

Wangji nodded, "you are good when it comes to children, has anyone told you that?"

"A few people," Wuxian said, "when I was told that I can teach disciples I felt so happy. I love to teach children. Seeing them achieve new things and learning new skills is always nice to see. Even though I had a rough childhood, and some hardships in Lotus Pier, I was always happy to help disciples."

Wangji nodded, "I am glad you like it," he said, "it suits you...did you want to raise a family someday? I know we have Sizhui but we can always adopt another."

Wuxian smiled, "really?" He asked.

"Yes," Wangji said, "we can talk more about it."

"Can we get married first?" Wuxian asked.

Wangji chuckled, "yes," he said, "the wedding will be soon. It will be announced at the conference meet."

"I know, I just hope that people will not be too harsh on me," Wuxian said.

"I won't let anyone hurt you again," Wangji said, "neither will Xiongzhang and Shufu."

Wuxian nodded, "I know."

"At the meeting in a couple days, will you wear your new robes?" Wangji asked.

"Of course," Wuxian said, "I want everyone to know that I belong to you."

"And they will," Wangji said.

Wuxian laughed and nodded. The two walked back to Cloud Recesses and spent some time at Wuxian's workshop. Wuxian had so much to look at inside. Wangji spent some time outside by the bunnies while Wuxian spent his time in his personal library. Wuxian felt he was in heaven. He read at least five books in a span of two hours.

By the time he finished the fifth book, he found himself in tears again. Having this space was all to surreal for him still. Wuxian put his books away and went outside to be with Wangji. Wangji caught a glimpse of Wuxian and noticed he had been crying. Wangji put the bunny in his lap aside and stood up. He went over to meet him beside the door.

"Is everything alright?" Wangji asked as he gently grabbed hold of Wuxian's face.

"I am okay," Wuxian said, "I just got hit with another wave of emotions is all. This place..."

Wangji smiled and kissed him. It basically cut him off. Wuxian leaned back against the wall as Wangji pressed his body against him. Wuxian let out a soft moan as he soaked in the warm, comfortable, and lovable feeling of his fiancé against him. Wuxian couldn't have asked for a better partner. He was do a lot better in realizing that Wangji will always be there by his side. Being held like this by him was a good way of him understanding that.

The two eventually managed to pry themselves apart long enough to get back to the Jingshi. They were then dressed into something more comfortable and relaxed in bed for a while. Kissing, hugging, and cuddling was also part of the process.