68

"A'Die, is Baba okay?" Sizhui asked as they walked. The group met up for lunch. Sizhui noticed his Baba was a bit distracted as of late and was worried a little bit.

"He is alright, he is just dealing with something," Wangji told him, "can you take Haishi with you after lunch so I can speak with him?"

"Of course, I love spending time with her," Sizhui said.

Wangji nodded and smiled, "come back at a reasonable time."

"We will," Sizhui said.

Once the others left, Wangji returned to his room at the inn that he shared with his husband. Wuxian was sitting at the table and he had a jar of the areas local liquor, "this wine is just so bitter," Wuxian said, "definitely not as good as Emperor's Smile."

Wangji smiled, "Is there another wine we can try to get for you? If not, maybe another drink entirely?"

"Hmm, I bought it so I'll finish it. Though it's bitter, it's strong. I guess it does the trick otherwise," Wuxian said.

Wangji moved behind Wuxian and pulled him to his lap as he sat at the table, "are you wanting to talk?" Wangji asked, "you seemed distracted today."

"Mnn, where is Haishi?" Wuxian asked.

"She is with Sizhui," Wangji replied.

"Alright...and as for talking," Wuxian said, "I don't think I have everything sorted out yet in my head. It's like this Hua Cheng is trying to help me get my memory back but it's all in vain."

"If it doesn't come back, it's alright," Wangji said, "I'm sure whatever it is, it can be resaid."

"I suppose," Wuxian said and turned in Wangji's lap so he was snuggling up to Wangji more to his chest, "I am enjoying this little break from traveling. It gives us some alone time."

Wangji placed a kiss on top of Wuxian's head, "Mnn," wangji hummed.

"That butterfly Haishi pointed out, they are from Hua Cheng," Wuxian said.

"How do you know this?" Wangji asked.

"I don't know, I just do," Wuxian said sitting up, "I feel like I'm going crazy."

"You are not," Wangji said, "I believe you. If you believe it is from Hua Cheng, then I believe you."

"I feel as if you would believe me either way," Wuxian said.

"Mnn," Wangji nodded and wrapped his arms around Wuxian's waist a bit tighter, "I will always believe you."

Wuxian giggled, "such a sap," he said. He sat more on his knees so he straddled Wangji's lap and kissed him. The two were both starting to get lost in each other when a knock came to the door. Wangji let out a light growl in annoyance. Wuxian laughed a bit before getting up, "whoever it is, we will see what they want and then shoo them away so we can continue where we left off."

"Mmm," Wangji nodded.

Wuxian opened the door and froze. It was actually Hua Cheng. He remembered his face from the dream but he had yet to remember everything else, "it's you," Wuxian said.

"I have been sending signs of my appearance. I assumed that you would know I was coming," Hua Cheng said, "and I am not alone."

"Huh?" Wuxian questioned.

"Gege?" Hua Cheng said and turned to the person on his left.

"Hello again Wei Wuxian," the person said.

"Xie Lian," Wuxian said and let them in, "I apologize in advance that my memory is a bit damaged. I have little memory of my time back in that place."

"It is understandable as you were resurrected," Hua Cheng said, "but we knew we would see you again. We were just waiting for the right time."

"The problem with the spirit world, it has something to do with you, doesn't it?" Wuxian asked.

"It does, and I have long since tried to get it under control but now it has finally gained its own consciousness and stopped listening to me. The only thing left is to destroy it," Hua Cheng said.

"Why did you make such a creature that harms other spirits in such a way?" I asked.

"At the time, his highness was in a bit of a bad position and needed help. He was trapped inside the spirit world on a mission and the only way to get him out was for me to create this spiritial soul eating monster. It got rid of the problems but it is now what is causing the most problems," Hua Cheng explained.

"I think I understand why he did it," Wangji said.

"And he is?" Hua Cheng asked.

"Oh, this is Lan Wangji, or Hanguang Jun, I believe I told you of him," Wuxian said, "he is my husband."

"Oh, I am glad you two finally got together," Xie Lian said, "we saw you in town earlier, there was a little girl with you at the time."

"That's Haishi, our adopted daughter. She is with her older brother at the moment and some other disciples of ours," Wuxian explained.

"According to Iroh, you both are doing well with your disciples," Xie Lian said.

"I suppose so," Wuxian said, "Um, is there a reason you decided to seek me out now?"

"You just so happened to be in our territory and we wanted to see you again," Hua Cheng said, "we did because decent friends."

Wuxian nodded. He then narrowed his eyes, "you know we found the culprits right?"

"Yes," Hua Cheng said with a smile.

"They are also dead," Wuxian said.

"I am aware, and their souls ended up in my prison, isn't that just karma," Hua Cheng said.

"I see," Wuxian said, "I found out something that Jin Guangyao and Su She had done and it really angered me when I learned the truth. They were the ones who brought my Shijie to Nightless City the day she died. As they plotted the whole thing, they knew Shijie would run out to find me...I have to ask, can you make sure they suffer more than they already have?"

"I can," Hua Cheng said, "when you have time, perhaps I can take you to them and you can have some fun too. I'm sure you have some anger to let out."

"Maybe," Wuxian said and looked at Wangji, "I need to think about that. If I did that, I would need to make sure our children don't see such a thing. I don't want them seeing me like that."

"If you decide to, I'm sure we can have some people look after them," Xie Lian said, "I sense that you got your cultivation back."

"Yes, it is why we are traveling to see Baoshan, it is for some extra training," Wuxian said, "I can handle spiritual and resentful energy."

"I knew you were special in some way," Hua Cheng said, "if you can call upon the dead, it is definitely a worthy gift."

"Ahh, I suppose," Wuxian said.

"Ying-Ge?" A voice said behind the door with a knock.

"Come in," Wuxian said.

"Ying-Ge," It was Wen Ning, "Sizhui is in a bit of a panic. Haishi is missing."

Wuxian stood up fast, "what? Where was she seen last?"

"She was with Sizhui and the other disciples watching a street performance. It seemed someone grabbed Haishi when no one was looking," Wen Ning said, "the disciples are scattered looking for her."

"Let me help you," Hua Cheng said, "I left a butterfly with her, I can track her location."

"Thank you," Wuxian said in a worried tone. Wangji held onto his hand as he tried to comfort him. He was worried too.