chapter 10

~Adelaide~

It was my nineteenth birthday, and I was going out with Sissy and some of her friends from the community college she was attending during the day to become a nurse. I spent hours getting ready. I had tamed my curls to look like normal human hair instead of a poodle with a blowout. I was wearing enough makeup to be obvious, but not the amount I had to wear on a stage. I had even used some of my hard-earned money to buy a new dress. It was black and tight, together with my new padded push up bra I looked like I had tits for a change.

"You look amazing." Nova told me from where she was sitting on my bed, helping me get ready.  "Wish i looked like you." she looked down at her thick thighs and the little roll of her tummy.

"You are still growing into your body, and you are already absolutely beautiful,'' I said. I wasn't lying. She wasn't fat, she was a normal healthy size. Not under fed and malnourished like me. Before I left the room I reached for one last thing. My leather jacket that I hadn't worn in years, but still fit like a glove. When I ran away from my father and his motorcycle club, I never thought I'd ever want to be near another biker again. But king and the furious bastards were taking over my life and working their way into my heart. It felt right to put my leather back on.

King had left for some club business; Nightmare was in the kitchen getting himself a snack. He looked up from the huge plate of nachos he was creating at the soft click of my high heels on the floor. "Damn!" the tall thin man shouted when he caught sight of me. "Baby girl, if you don't stop showing me how fucking sexy you are I'm gonna have to fight King for ya."

I crinkled my nose. "Why would you fight King?"

He looked at me with squinted eyes, trying to judge if I really didn't know why he would want to fight his best friend. He shrugged and then twisted a finger in the air and said, "give me a little twirl." I executed a perfect spin. His hands landed on my shoulders and held me still when he saw the back of my jacket. I knew exactly what he was seeing. The giant patch dead center was of a cupcake with pink frosting and rainbow sprinkles. The top rocker said, "ruff tuff" the bottom one said, "cream puff".

"Cupcake huh?" he drawled when he let me go.

I shrugged. "It was my stage name and my road name."

"And the ruff tuff cream puff?"

Another shrug. "I look cute and innocent, but I'm stronger than I look." he nodded but didn't say anything else. A horn beeped from out front, and I waved to him as I ran out the door and climbed into Sissy's nice new car.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot was not fancy. It was a biker bar that I had only recently learned was owned by the bastards. It was dingy and dirty. They had live music on the weekends, and it was a place where I could go drink and dance without being carded, mainly because my boss owned the place. Cowboy was working at the door. Sissy and her friends were impressed when he waved us over and gave me a hug and wished me a happy birthday before letting us in.

The music was loud, and the dance floor was full. I was really surprised to see Superman working behind the bar. I knew that all of the bastards pitched in to make sure that all of their business ran smoothly. But I had learned that Cowboy was a mechanic by trade and normally worked exclusively at the club's garage. And Superman was the manager at the new strip club where King had refused to hire me. So why were they at the bar?

"Can I open a tab? I'll start with a round of beers for me and my friends." I tried to hand the female bartender my bank card.

Superman shook his head and pushed my card back into my hand. "Your money's no good here." to the other bartender he said, "The birthday girl's drinks are on the house. Her friends pay for themselves."