chapter 33

~Adelaide~

I had expected my father to force us to ride all the way back to their club house in New York that night. But we barely drove out of town before he turned down a long, overgrown, dirt driveway and stopped in front of a rundown old house. I knew why we were stopping, because King would be looking for me. My dad knew that as well as I did. A man didn't just claim a girl as his old lady and let her get carted off by another MC.

"Put the girls in the basement." my father instructed. My left arm was roughly grabbed and yanked by a guy called Tree, probably because he was as big as a red wood and dumb as a stump. I tried to resist and knew immediately that was a bad idea. Tree pulled with all its might, and I heard more than I felt my shoulder pop out of the socket with a sickening squelch.

No one protested the harsh treatment I was receiving. I had once referred to all of them as "uncle". There had been a day, back then my grandfather was president of the MC, when these guys had actually acted like humans. Now they were cavemen, grunting and drooling over Sissy and I like we were slabs of meat.

Tears streamed down my face when I remembered that I had sat on Tree's knee eating a hamburger at a club cookout when I was around 7 years old. Panda bear had been the one to win the auction. The man who had given me the nickname cupcake was willing to pay a ton of money to divest me of my virginity. I doubted if he cared that I would have been an unwilling participant.

Big Tex had Sissy by the upper arm and dragged her along with us. She was sobbing and begging but the men weren't listening. I wanted to tell her to save her breath. She had made this mess by refusing to listen to my warnings about bikers, so I doubt she'd listen now. The basement that they locked us into was not one of those finished basements that middle class families used for movie and game nights. It was dark and dank.

The floor was cold concrete. There was one lone exposed light bulb hung in the middle of the room casting a halo of light on the dirty bare floor. The door to the bulkhead was clearly locked, with an overkill number of padlocks. In one corner was a pile of debris, maybe leftover after someone tried to refurbish the house. On one side of the huge almost empty room were a line of industrial shelves holding a few long since dried paint cans. Sheets of insulation hung limply from where they had once been tucked up under the floor joists. Everything was wrecked of mildew and mold.

Sissy and I both had the same thought, neither my father nor any of his stupid men had thought to pat us down and take our phones. We both groaned in defeat when we realized that neither of us had a single bar of service. My screen read "for emergencies only". I pressed the emergency call button, hoping to at least get through to 911. My phone just gave me that stupid beeping tone before hanging up. Our phones were useless.

"Addy, I'm scared!" Sissy reached for me and grabbed onto my injured arm. When I cried out in pain she jerked away and cried harder, like she had been the one to get hurt. They hadn't done anything to her yet. "They said they were going to rape us Addy!" she curled into a ball on the floor and rocked back and forth while wailing like a banshee. "What are we gonna do? What are we gonna do?"

Under normal circumstances i would have tried to comfort her. But I needed to use the racket she was making to hide the sounds I was making trying to find a way to escape. There were windows down there, but of course I was too short to reach them. I grabbed a big metal shelving unit with my good arm and pulled. It barely budged. What it did do was make a horrible screeching sound as i dragged it across the concrete floor. Sissy, completely oblivious to what I was doing, screamed helpfully.