Chapter Four: First Kiss

A memory takes me of our first kiss. It was when I was 18.

I notice out of the corner of my eye my rock lights up. He wants to see me.

I look outside my window and there's a bunch of demons out in the courtyard so I can't leave now. So I wait it out. I continue practicing the healing magic. If you look close enough you can see the pink scars on my skin. I put more healing magic into the scars and they look white and you can only see them if you look close enough.

I wait an hour or so and the courtyard is clear of demons. As I step out someone calls my name. I look and it's a demon named Aiden. We did talk a few times before. Besides Thorne, I really don't speak to anyone else here. He is smiling at me as I walk over. I look him all over because he has so many tattoos and they are all colorful and stand out. They're beautiful. I've always wanted to inspect them all. He notices me looking and his smile turns into a grin. I shift my eyes away from him.

"So what's up?" I ask prodding.

"I never got to show you some of my tattoos. There's one I think you'd like." Aiden beams.

"Oh yeah, Let me see." I smile finding it interesting.

"It's on my back." He says lifting up his shirt and my breath gets stuck in my throat.

I notice the defined lines of his abs on his stomach. I look up and he's got a smirk on his face now. He turns around and shows me a tattoo of a night sky with what looks like pretty stars, blues and purples, yellow fireflies, and a pier looking over the water. All the while it's inside a mason jar. Like capturing the fireflies and the moment in one place. It's enchanting.

"It's beautiful. Is there any significance or do you just like the imagery?"

"I just like the imagery and the story it invokes." He says turning back around. I notice one on his arm and it's a picture of a little kitten. I smile. 

"A little kittie." I look up at him.

"Yup." He grins."You're really pretty Xirasti."

I blush immediately. I didn't see that coming.

"I want to get to know you. I don't care what Thorne says I shouldn't have to stay away from you."

What? What did Thorne say? Is that why people don't come around? I think it's partly that. But if I'm being honest with myself the only company I want is Sam's.

He steps closer to me and I have to look up at him. He leans down as if going for a kiss but I dodge him. I disappoint him but he smiles genuinely anyway.

"It's not that you're not great. I just have no interest in getting to know anyone like that." I say shifting my gaze away from him.

"That's okay, I still hope you'll let me be your friend."

I nod my head but say nothing. "Alright well, I'm going to go." He says a bit awkwardly. I wave to him and go back inside my house. I lean up against my door. Trying to calm down from whatever that was. He's gorgeous. What does he want with me? Beautiful brown eyes cloud my vision. An Aiden is forgotten about right away.

I open the door and stick my head out again. It's quiet. I always wonder what other demons do at this time. Since they don't sleep. I know some go possess humans in the topside. But I'm curious what other demons do in the past time. I'm sure I can think of one. Demons are very sexual creatures. I wonder if any of them play board games? Or something simple like that. A game of poker even. Where they bet for souls. I'm sure that happens somewhere right?

I step outside and take a better look and there's no one. I speed down the cavern as fast as I can go and then slow down a bit and land in one step. Like a gymnast, I finally stuck the landing.

"You're going to hurt yourself like that one of these days." He says his voice rough. He must be in more pain today. I stretch my arms up high. I realize I didn't put my shirt on yet. I blush. Good thing he's not close enough to of seen me blush. Then I let out a big yawn. Then I put my half-shirt back on. I look over to him and he's watching me like a hawk. I walk over like I always do and lean over the ice block with an arm sprawled over it and my chin lying on one of my arms. I see him watching me staring at my face and examining me.

"What are those on your arm?" He asks staring down at the scars.

I look at them and modify my human form so they are not there. "What is what?" I ask flipping my arm around.

"Come here." He says sounding pissed. So I do I go over to him. "Shift into your demon form." I think about it for a moment. He's never seen me topless this close or my demon form this close. I sigh. I take my shirt off and hold it on my other hand. I lean my arm over to him and shift into demon form. "Bring it closer to my face." So I do. I'm very uncomfortable with him seeing my demon form this close. Being topless, while I expose myself, it doesn't make me feel as vulnerable as my demon form. His eyes flame white light. "Where did these come from?" I stay quiet. "Xirasti?" He says his voice in a warning. I still stay quiet.

I don't want him to feel guilty or pissed at me. "Just leave it alone," I say calmly.

"No. Explain." He forces.

"Just leave it alone," I say again raising my voice at him and I've never done anything close to it before. I look at him and he looks surprised that I did. His eyes turn back brown and full of concern.

I shift into human form stretch up and put my shirt over my head. I see him looking me over. "See something you like?" I say joking around. Then his eyes flame white light again. "So which is it this time? Anger or disgust?" I say leaning my body against the ice block still being close to him. I'll do it until he dismisses me.

"Both." He says sternly.

"Wow, you really know how to talk to women." I grin at him still messing with him. I've never been flirty with him before and I'm sure he doesn't like it. But it's fun anyway. I don't know where my new boldness comes from but I like how it feels. I don't think he knows what to do with me at the moment so he stays silent eyes still ablaze. At least his head is up instead of facing down today. It looks like doing so is hurting him. His hair isn't in his eyes like when he bends down. I take the time to memorize his face. The angles the curves of his face his lips his eyelashes, his eyes. His hair doesn't look long for the amount of time he's been locked up here. The side of his brown hair pushed back on the front right of his face is a stray rogue hair that hangs over his eye. As well as he is clean-shaven and has barely any scruff. Must be an angel thing. That's what makes the most sense.

I notice now that he is watching me. "See something you like?" He jokes with me.

"Mmm." I practically purr. I'm such a nerd. Thinking about my reaction I blush. I can feel the pink heating my cheeks.

He is looking at my face with a barely hint of a smile. It's hard to see but it is totally there.

"Kiss me." He barely whispers. But I heard him. I definitely heard him. I do as he asks.

I get closer lean my face all the way into him and put my lips on his. I barely even think. My mind has shut off and is blank because this feels so amazing it's short-circuiting my brain. I pour all my yearning into the kiss. I show how much I want him. So there is no doubt how I feel about him. I feel from him the emotion that he needs to kiss me because when he doesn't it pains him. This just makes me want him more and my mind just stops completely working. All that it knows how to do is the motions of this kiss and how it makes me feel. There could be a bomb going off or a riot and I wouldn't notice. He pulls back breathing heavily, my breathing matching his own. I feel like I'm in a daze and lean into him for more. But then his eyes flame white.

"You should go." Is all he says his voice unemotional. Did I read more into his side than what was there? I could have been only seeing what I wanted to see.

I wait for a moment. Tap my fist on the ice block then lean off of it. Then I take off my shirt and fly away.

This kiss to free him was nothing like my sweet first kiss. I'm heartbroken and disappointed.