Chapter Thirty: Power Plays

When I wake up I'm alone. So much for watching me when I sleep and to monitor if I get taken.

I do my usual morning routine and go to the transportation room. I travel to my favorite breakfast place. It's fifty's fifty-era diner motif. It has the best omelets I've ever had. They're humongous and full of extras. I get sausage loads of cheddar cheese and spinach in mine. So I ordered my food and coffee and waited. Once it arrives at my table I mow through it. There is a mini mall not far from here so I walk there and go into the bookstore. I looked through the graphic novel section for a while. Then I start to feel like someone is watching me. I grab the two ones I want and buy them. Then I immediately think of home.

The next second as soon as I step foot into hell Sam teleports me into the seven council room. Everyone in here has a look of relief. I look at Sam and he is in his full demon form light spewing close to looking like he's going to burst.

I look at Asmodeus and he looks nervous for me. "Where were you?" Sam says his words cutting.

I feel very confused why is he upset? "I went to get breakfast," I say like he is crazy.

I watch as Asmodeus facepalms. Asmodeus gets up walks over to me and falls into me in the chair. I sit here confused. "Why are you guys acting weird?" I say my voice full of concern.

"You're not allowed to leave at all. Do you understand me?" Sam says curtly. I can't even have a break from here? From him. I need time to myself. Without artifacts, and bones, rescuing seven members. Having him be my soulmate.

"I can leave if I please. You don't own me. I'm not yours. So I don't understand you. There's reasons I go out. I will go when I want and where I want." I say being so over his crap. I watch as fury unleashes all over Sam's face and the bright white coming out of his ashen form is stronger. "Fuck." Asmodeus whispers. "You shouldn't have said that. You're in deep shit." I look at him. He looks nervous. I shrug. "He needs me to help him. I'm still useful. He won't hurt me. He needs me I don't need him." I look at Asmodeus with anger in my eyes. He looks at me. He sees I'm serious and fed up with Sam.

No one says anything. Asmodeus grabs my hand tight. Sam sees it and he starts to spew more light. He could kill all of us. He uses it as a power play. Even if it seems he can't help himself. I'm also sick of that. I take Leviathan's fear aura from her. I start at the top of the room and let darkness descend like a blanket onto the room. Once it is completely dark I use the fear aura on everyone but me and Asmodeus. I hear Leviathan scream and the others freaking out saying stop. Instantly I let the darkness leave and Sam is left in his angel form. He can't believe I took his demon form away. I can see the terror on his face. Asmodeus says "Fuck" again. I stand up and walk out of the room. My point was made. He doesn't teleport me back.

I lay in bed reading my graphic novel. At ease and at peace. He teleports into his side of the room and we ignore each other. I continue to read as if he isn't even there. I feel him plop on his side of the bed. I flip the page. The silence is loud. I won't break first. I feel myself waning but it's not happening. I'm tired of being his puppy dog. Following him around begging for a bone. Waiting for his pets.

I feel the bed move and then I feel and see his head on my lap. I don't look down at him. I ignore him and flip the page. I can feel him lying there and looking up at me. I ignore him. He doesn't leave though. We've been sitting here a half an hour and he still hasn't moved. I flip a page. He grabs the graphic novel and looks at the page I'm on to see what it looks like. It's a horror one and it's pretty badass. I watch as he throws it across the room. I want to laugh but I won't break first.

I look at him with boredom in my eyes. When I'm far from bored I'm rapt to see what he's going to do or say. More than likely it's going to be something to piss me off. He does that a lot lately. This wasn't how the picture went in my mind once he was free. Although love sickness is a thing. You think things that are not reality.