Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Truth

We enter the teleportation room and everyone has cleared out. The only remnants of me being here are the bloodstains on the ground. I watch Sam go over to the teleporter and get it ready to send me where I need to go. Asmodeus sits me down on it and Sam places the pillow under my legs and feet. Then it teleports me up.

As my eyesight gets into focus I realize we are in some sort of camping ground. With small little trailers, all in a large circle. One has a grill in front of it. There's a firepit in the center. The firelight already waving sparks into the night sky. There are some people sitting around it. None of them notices me. Which is weird because I'm sitting in the middle of a dirt road. I look both ways and no one is coming. I see a woman in the distance walking down the road. Next to her, I see a young man and he's starting to run towards me. As soon as he's close I know it's Asmodeus.

Asmodeus is picking me up instantly and Sam has teleported next to me. They walk past the people at the firepit. They all stop talking and watch me. Some turn to whisper to the others while still keeping their eyes on me. "Why are they looking at me like that? It's weird." I say whispering. Asmodeus shrugs like he has no idea. "So why didn't you take the hot chick Asmodeus?" I say giving him a wide grin. Asmodeus's eyes light up with mischief.

"He went running into the man's body before I could," Sam says as if he finds Asmodeus annoying. I snort a laugh.

"Wildflower, you have been showing a lot of love to Asmodeus. I'm starting to feel some neglect." His voice sounds like he's choking. I pull him close. "It's okay," I whisper. "I love you. You're my everything remember? When you feel this way remember that. It's you who is my everything." I say trying to catch his eye. I do but his eyes still look like he has pain in them. Asmodeus follows Sam to the middle camper. There's a pink flamingo stuck in the ground next to it. Sam knocks on the door three times. It opens and it's this beautiful raven-haired woman with tan skin and light green eyes. She looks over each of us her eyes landing on me and they wait there for a few moments. "Come inside." She states while moving to go in first. Sam follows after her.

"In there." She points to Sam. Asmodeus has to duck his head. Sam comes for me and grabs me to him. I sit with my back to him on the bench seat that goes in a U shape around the small room. It's right up against the wall it a larger circular table in the middle. There is absolutely no space. I lift my feet and Asmodeus sits down carefully and I put the pillow from under me on his lap then get comfortable. I lean in on Sam. He reaches out and puts one of his arms around me. I'm leaning over now healing my legs. She looks at each of us for long moments at a time. We all sit silently waiting.

Then there are three knocks on the door. Then in walks Cupid. I instantly smile. I watch as he walks over to the small kitchen counter and props himself up on the edge of the sink. One leg up and the other one swaying towards the floor. "Hey there thistle," Cupid says with a wink. Thistle?

"Why thistle?" I ask tilting my head.

"Well, Uriel says you have lilac eyes. I think he's either colorblind or daft. Because they are definitely a thistle shade of purple." Cupid says he's talking about an important subject. I tip my head back to look at Sam. He is face-palming. "Kiss," I whisper to him. I almost forgot he was a host all I see is him. He instantly comes to and smiles and leans down and kisses me even if it is upside down. We get lost in the kiss. His lips are setting me on fire. Caliel clears her throat. I snap and put my head back into position. I'm blushing because I got away from myself.

"So what happened to you?" Caliel asks.

"I got attacked by a rabid chihuahua," I say and Asmodeus bursts out laughing but I look at Sam and his face is crumbling. I press his arm further into my hold and he follows suit by hugging me tighter. I watch as Caliel misses nothing. She is examining all three of us very closely. When nothing else is said I simply say "Michael. It was a lot worse." I look up and Asmodeus is watching me with adoration. I blush back at him and look the same. I look at Cupid and now he's watching me.