Chapter Eleven: The Enemy

I sneak my way back into the throne room. The torch light is still on. I see Thorne sitting in his stocks his head and arms slump towards the ground. I walk over to him. "Thorne?" I ask quietly. His head barely lifts up.

"Why is it so important Sam doesn't have his soul?" I ask trying to understand.

Thorne looks at me out of one eye because the other eye is swollen shut.

"If Lucifer gets his soul he will wage war on heaven. Millions will die. If accomplishes what he desires his father will die and so will all of creation. Meaning there is nothing left.There have been angels prepping for war even after Lucifer has been kept under lock and key. They are all fearful of his return. So god has put them all on missions to make sure it doesn't happen. That means some angels were unsuccessful. As an angel, all you have is your mission. They don't have free will like us. They can only do as they are told. Only do what god tells them to. Which is why Lucifer betrayed god. He wants to be free just like humans. Humans are god's favorite creation. Lucifer despises humans because of this even though he has found his own free will. Even though Lucifer found his own free will he is captive in hell for eternity which still takes away his choice."

I think through everything Thorne said. This isn't exactly how Sam said it is. Although I did hear it from Sam's perspective. I believe in Sam.

Thorne grabs my arm and grips it tight while saying some words under his breath. I feel a stabbing sensation in my arm and blood seeping from it. I try to pull it back but Thorne is now speaking words faster and my arm getting more painful. Thorne won't let me break free. The next second Thorne's hand droops off me. I see a shimmering rune under the skin so I wipe the blood away. Beneath my skin is a large pale blue rune with white symbols. Then it sinks under my skin further into my arm. I look from my arm to Thorne but he has passed out.

I don't know what the rune is or what it does. I can't look at it is now embedded into my skin.

I go back to my house and sit and stare at my arm my thoughts full of concern. There are so many things it can be that it's hard to rule out what it can't be. Am I going to have to tell Sam what just took place? I mean I should right? I feel my fingers tapping against the arm of my chair nervous. My leg bobbing up and down.

I place my hand over where the rune is and my whole body is outlined in a pale blue glimmer. The same color as the rune. Next, I know. I'm standing in a room with cement walls and floors. It smells moldy and musty. The air is damp. There are no sounds besides machinery moving in another room. I look more closely and there are runes in places on the walls. Tons of them. On the ground around me, there is a light blue opaque wall in front of me all the way to the ceiling. There is a circle along the floor like the rune embedded in my arm. So the arm rune was for transportation and entrapment. I look at the rune on the wall it's the same. So they felt the need to double-protect it in case I get out of this one. Which means there's a way out. I look around the room taking it all in.

I reach my arm out and touch the shield and I feel a sharp jolt go all the way burning through my body. "Sss, Fuck." I say as I pull my hand back quickly waving it back and forth.

It's completely silent. I try to touch the shield again but it hurts really bad. I stay standing for what feels like an hour. No one is coming and I can't get out.

'Hello?" I say timidly. Nothing but silence.

I decide to sit down hug my legs and wait.

I don't know how much time passes but it feels like forever. Is Sam wondering where I am? I hear some footsteps walking and two men talking in the hall. "Hello?" I try again. I hear the footsteps stop and then the room door opens.