Chapter Thirty-Four: Beelzebub

Sam teleports us to the throne room. Sam sits on his throne and motions me to him. I sit back in the chair and then pulls me into his lap. My stomach flips.

"Barlow. You saw what happened to Thorne. Tell me where Beezlebub is." Sam demands.

Barlow swallows hard. I can hear him from here and he's a good twenty feet away. Sam uses many rays of light to burn half of Barlow's upper body. He screeches out in pain.

"Bancroft."

"Oh come on you always pick on me. Pick on Cromwell or Blackwood." Bancroft complains.

"Fuck off, Bancroft," Blackwood says looking like he wants to kill him.

"Where is Beelzebub?"

"Oh, Oh, that demon. Well. I can't quite remember."

Sam blasts him through the shoulder with a charged light beam.

"Ah ha, I think I remember now. He's in the slag mines." Bancroft says sweetly.

"Now where is my soul."

"Your sou-sou-soul. Well. I've heard things. That could be of benefit."

"Bancroft you idiot. Don't say anything." Cromwell says in anger mixed with pleading.

"Well, I'm listening," Sam says.

"Well. All I know is that your soul is with Raidian in heaven. That's all I know. I swear."

Sam nods his head and then shoots rays of light into each of their foreheads killing them all at once. I turn my face away not wanting to see it. Sam puts my head under his then teleports the three of us to the slag mines.

There is rocky burnt sienna dirt below my feet. Whenever I step it makes a crunching noise. Instantly I can feel my body sweating profusely. My clothes sticking to me and irritating my skin. It's like a hundred degrees hotter than where we normally live. So basically here it is like two hundred degrees. We are made to handle it that doesn't mean it's any less uncomfortable. If I knew I would have brought water with me.

This time there's no portal. There's just the entrance to the mine. It looks like a jagged large hole in the rock face. There is only a faint neon green light coming from the entrance. I go to walk inside and Sam and Asmodeus follow. The beginning pathway is narrow and the side walls look like they would crumble if you touch them. Now and then you can hear rocks crumbling down the walls. 

I notice that the further I follow the path the hotter and hotter it gets. The heat at this point is unbearable. I watch as these little black shadow creatures with an emerald green rune embedded in their chests mine coal. Then some take them in carts to a different area. I follow one of them down twists and turns. 

The emerald green light gets brighter and brighter as we go. Then the shadow creature takes a right and we are in a gigantic circular room. I watch as the shadow creature unloads the coal on a spot in front of this huge giant of a man. He looks like a giant from fantasy novels. A steady stream of coal is being continuously led in. 

Behind the giant is an enormous emerald fire. It's more specifically referred to as hellfire. It's hotter than any other fire in existence. I watch as the shadow creatures pour large amounts of coal into it over and over. I look back at the giant. His skin is flaky and has blisters. It reminds me of a dead plant that hasn't had water. His arms and head are wilting in his massive chains. His neck is bound to a chain on the ceiling. All the while his arms are chained in a way that lets him shove the coal into his mouth. His legs are spread and bound to the wall the coal pile between his legs for easy access.

He keeps mumbling to himself I watch as he lifts his head back and catches a drop of water from the stalagmite on the ceiling. I watch him for a few moments and I realize the drop of water is in sequence. Every time he stops eating to catch that one drop.