Chapter Thirty-Five: Other Abilities

I rest for a few hours but then Sam teleports us to the council chambers. He teleports us so that I'm on his lap. Aiden gets a sour look on his face. Sam notices so he tilts my head and brings me in for a kiss. I get a smug grin and look at Aiden. Sam trails his fingers up and down my back under my shirt.

"The first bones location is a wash now." Aiden's eyes land on me and then go back to Sam. "It's overprotected now. Instead of the three stationed there before there are seven more defending the bones." Aiden says upset.

"I know where every bone's location is. We need to figure out which one they wouldn't expect us to go to." Sam says simply. "How many locations have we checked for the bones?" Sam asks

"We have been looking at three locations currently. Not counting the compromised location." Aiden states.

"Which bone location has the least angels on watch?" Sam asks looking as if he's coming up with a plan.

"The bones with the least is Apostle Peter. There again three inside the building two flying around as scouts. They won't have as many angels guarding this church because it's an old church in the middle of a city" Aiden says.

"The last bone location what's happening there?" Sam asks.

"There's ten around at that church," Aiden confirms.

"Are the bones in tombs in any of these locations or are the bones just in the ground under the foundation? If there are tombs underneath some of these churches with the bones in them it could be harder because there could be angels inside waiting." I point out.

"There is a mix of both. I didn't think of that." Aiden says with irritation. "The bone location that has the three seen inside the building is that a tomb location or an in-the-ground location?" I ask trying to understand what the best course of action will be.

"It's a ground location," Aiden answers what I ask with surety

"Another thing. Why can't we teleport the bones to us?" I ask like I'm missing something.

"The bones are warded with holy power. They can't be moved with abilities or magic. They're immune." Asmodeus says letting me know.

"So I say we do the church in the city as the first location like we were talking about. I'm going to need to break through a large part of the foundation and remove a lot of dirt. Not saying I can't do it. I'm just saying it will make it harder and draw more attention. So we will attract more angels. For the second tomb, we can still teleport into tombs and try to take out whichever ones are in there quietly. I can make it so they can't speak and Sam can do the same." I say figuring this is a good idea.

"Sam also gets burnt up the more he stays inside a church or on holy ground," Asmodeus says as a reminder. I look to Sam.

"They are God's house. I'm not allowed any of god's homes." Sam says rolling his eyes and looking at Asmodeus with annoyance.

"How long do you have?" I cringe.

"Ten minutes," Sam says and I feel my jaw tick. He said he was going to protect me.

"Wait a second if you only have ten minutes in a church, what happens when you enter heaven?" He doesn't say anything. Can it kill him? It's scary to think about. Were doing all this just so he might die. "Can you die?" I ask so only he can hear.

"We all might." He says his voice void of emotion.

"The last sacrifice," I say under my breath. He bristles under me. I know he heard me. After everything how could this be what he still wants? We're going through all this just so he can die and us not even have a life together. Do I mean that little to him? I stand up and go and sit on Asmodeus's lap. I can feel myself closing off from Sam.