Chapter Twenty-Eight: Uriel Again

The next thing I know my body is shimmering pale blue. Then I'm in a cement room. Uriel is sitting on a stool in front of me eyeing me carefully.

"Uriel." I smile. "How are you today?" I say happily.

"Why did you free Lucifer?" He asks not grasping why I would do such a thing.

I think about this. Sam told me to be honest. "Because I love him." I watch as Uriel looks at me with pity. He feels bad for me.

"How did that even happen?" He asks like the whole situation confuses him.

"When I was a kid someone decided to shove me off the wailing cavern and I found him. He was kind to me. He was the first friend I ever had. Then he became my best friend and then my world." I say feeling lightheaded thinking about it.

"He loves you?" Uriel says asking disbelievingly.

"That is debatable. I don't know. He never told me as such." I shrug one shoulder.

"How do you even know he cares? He deceives it's what he does. He makes innocent people like you think a certain way use them then discard them. For your sake, I hope it's real."

I don't know how to respond so I just feel depressed and look at my feet.

"Once you found out who he is how could you stay loving him?" Uriel asks like he thinks I'm nuts.

"You don't just stop loving someone because they're not perfect. You love someone regardless of their imperfections. Sam has his imperfections a whole lot of them but in those little moments he makes me happy it's all worth it."

Uriel is considering what I'm saying and what he should reply. "I think devote too much of yourself and it's bad for your own good. Because of this you'll get nothing but hurt"

"Pot meet kettle," I say making a point. Uriel devotes too much to god and he can be hurt for him.

Uriel gets a far-off look in his eyes then he comes to and our eyes connect. We stand here like this for a while.

"You see something in me. What is it you keep seeing?" I say wondering.

"I see beauty, innocence, love, and strength. I think because of you I'll be able to complete my mission as a success."

"I'll never do anything to harm him or go against him," I say anger on my face.

"I never said you had to." That is all he responds.

"Why did you show me, Isadora?"

"Because a huge part of me trusts you. You have imperfections but your perfects out way the rest." Uriel says using what I already said about Sam. That was the kindest thing anyone has ever said to me.

"Why did you take the deal of me owning you?" I ask still confused by it.

"I did it because I knew you wouldn't abuse it. I knew you wouldn't let any harm come to me. You would only use the binding for something you thought was good or the right reason. I needed the information. It was a win for me either way."

"What if you were wrong about me?"

"I'm never wrong." He says confident.

"Wow," I say blown away by his sheer certainty. "Besides the mission why is Michael so like he is when it comes to Sam?"

"There's a lot of reasons. One of the main ones is Samael tortured our brother Raphael so badly that he went insane. We have to keep him locked up so he doesn't hurt himself or anyone else. Asmodeus killed our sister Seraphina. Michael still holds Samael accountable. Both things happened in the war."