Chapter Nine: Asmodeus

The next second my world feels off-kilter because Sam teleports me to a different space in hell. There is a portal which is the entrance to the wind plains. I start to go in and look back at Sam. "I can't go into the portals. They're on a different plane of existence. I can only be in hell. I'll watch you from out here." I look at the portal and then back to him wary. I could get hurt in there. This is what he wants though and will do just about anything for him.

I look through the portal and it looks gray as if the whole area inside is. There are also bits of debris floating throughout it. I step inside and am pelted by the wind. I look around and notice this whole space is one giant tornado. Figures it hits me. The wind plains. Literal wind. The tornado did destroy the town that is in its path which is where the debris comes from. I can barely see anything and can feel my oxygen starting to deplete.

I duck as a wooden plank almost hits me in the head. I blew to the side. I lose my footing and then the wind tosses me away. This tornado is huge. I have barely made a complete spin. Think. I use my magic to put a large amount of weight around my body and then a levitation spell to start slowly sinking me down to the bottom. I'm making my body heavy so I don't go blowing everywhere. It's working.

I dodge debris on my way but one gets me and it slices open my cheek. I can feel the blood running down my face. The closer I get to the bottom I notice that the whole tornado at the bottom is fire. Raging, blowing, whipping fire. I wish I could use elemental magic. Or create water out of nowhere. That would be grand right now. The only thing I can do is put on my resistance to fire spell. I can still get burned but it will help alleviate some of the damage. My hands grow inky black and then I cast the immune-to-fire spell on myself. It's a spell that covers my whole body. A neon orange flame symbol now sits on my chest as a reminder that I'm using it.

My head is still being somewhat cast to the side so I make the outside edge of my body heavy like a sort of shielding. I continue sinking towards the bottom now but faster. A large piece of debris hits my shoulder hard. Not only is it hard to breathe from being in the tornado but also from the sheer amount of pain I'm in now. I think my shoulder is out of joint.

I'm still sinking into the center of the tornado. The closer I get to the bottom the more the black smoke is bellowing. The ground is charred in places fire still waving throughout it. I won't be able to stand there. I hope I don't wind up in one of those. I start to feel the heat of the fire on my skin. It's so uncomfortable.

It was already low light when I came in here but the smoke is making it hard to see at all. I finally land and I look at my feet and they are on a patch of grass that is not charred. I keep the weight on my body. I use my hand to cast a light in the general direction ahead of me. I look all over in front of me and begin to walk forward closer to the center. The wind is whipping fire at me. I scream out when the flame burns my arm. I can feel my skin bubbling just by being near the fire it's that hot.

There are tiny solitary fire tornados all over the middle area. Great. I tie my shirt around my head to block out the smoke. My breathing is heavy now. I feel fire whip up and graze my neck. It scorches my bad shoulder and tears down my skin to my stomach. It's like this fire is alive. I watch as it slowly creeps behind me. I jump away and propel myself forward with my magic. Where is Asmodeus? I'm going to die in here. I shine my light ahead of me again and I can see a man slumped over in chains. Once I get to him I lift his head and pull his hair back. He is unconscious. I look at the chains cuffed to him they are not normal chains. These chains are full of magic like Sam's. I'll need to break the spells before releasing him. As soon as the spells are broken I break each chain cuffing his arms. I make his whole body heavy so he doesn't get torn away. My hand's dark shadow twirls around my fingers and I get to work deactivating all the runes. Then I cut the chains off his feet. He slumps to the ground I lay him out straight. Then with my levitation spell, I raise him from the ground. I take off my shirt and put it around his mouth instead. I walk us to where I think the portal should be.