Chapter Nineteen: Wildflower

I'm pulled into a daydream of a memory of when I was 10.

The rock is lit on my shelf. I left my house and looked around every way to make sure no one will see me. Not that anyone around here noticed me. I feel my face crumple into a sneer. I'm lucky I have Sam.

I fly up into the air and then dive bomb down to him. I come in hot landing quickly and running a few steps.

"Calm down, wildflower. I can't have you dying on me." He said being grumpy at first but then gentle. "You need to be careful." He told me concerned.

I instantly feel bad. I walk over to him lean my arms against the front of the ice which I can barely reach and lean my head into my hands. I look over his face. His hair is in the way but I can still see him. "You're really pretty," I said simply noting the obvious. He chuckles.

"Well, that's kind of you."

"It's not kind, it's just the truth," I said with my toothy grin.

He looks down at my dress. "Oh, that's a pretty flower on your dress. A dress fit for my wildflower." He grins at me gently. "Thorne has them made for me so I can fly freely without being as he calls it 'buck naked'." I do air quotes.

His nose turns down once I mention Thorne.

"Why do you call me Wildflower?" I asked as I tilted my head while I looked at him.

"You remind me of a wild violet. Just like you they are purple, bright, vibrant, and delicate. An invasive wildflower who just grows into cracks and stays there."

I think about what he said. It's lost on me.

"Are you my boyfriend now?" I asked as I grinned.

He laughed so loud it has me laughing. "No, wildflower. I'm far too old for you."

I stick my tongue out at him. "I won't always be young." I grumbled.

He changed the subject. "Have you started reading up on magic yet?"

"Yes!" I say excited. "I can throw a basic energy bolt. Do you want to see?"

"Um... Face it that way." He nudges his head in the direction of where I came from.

My little hands go black with smoke and I can feel the power growing in my hands. I put more force into it to show off to him. I send a large amount of dark energy out and it slams hard into the wall and I fall on my butt. Rocks began falling from the ceiling of the caved and there was a small indent in the rocky wall.

"That was pretty impressive. Next time plant your feet." He said shocked.

"Plant my feet?" I ask confused. "Is this more talk about weeds?" I ask like he is crazy.

He laughs until he wheezed more than likely from the pain he is in. "No, put one foot in front of you." I do. "Okay yes just like that. Put one foot behind you."

"Like this?" I asked

"No back and to the side a little more." I do as he said. "Perfect now bend your knees and do the energy bolt again."

This time to really show off I made a bigger one and let it fly. This time I stood on both feet. This time there is a small crater in the wall where the beam hit. I return to him and place my arms on the ice block. "Very good, wildflower."

End Memory

He doesn't ever compliment me anymore. He has never even thanked me for any of it.

Sam walks over to hug me. I push at his chest. He takes a step back.

"Are you tired?" I ask pissed off.

"Tired of what?" Sam looks confused.

"You pretend and act as if you care but you don't." I step around Sam and I walk over to Asmodeus.

"You scared me." Asmodeus hugs me tightly. Fear was written all over his face. Asmodeus pulls me out to look at me face pained and then pulled me and tightened me around him. Asmodeus kisses the top of my head in quick succession. He squeezed and tightened his arms around me even more. "You shot out like a missile." Asmodeus pulled me back and gave me a small smile.

"Yeah, I almost drowned once. I used the same spell and launched myself out of the water and onto the dock." I say smiling at Asmodeus.

Asmodeus looked back over to the sand pit. "You, time stopped. On the whole. Sandriverpit thing."

I looked over to what he's talked about. Yeah, I guess I did. I time stopped the whole pit. "Whoops," I said then paid no attention to it.

Mammon: "Michael thought it would be funny to place a diamond beneath the sand. So I was chained up and couldn't get it." He says with spite. "Hand me the diamond girl." He holds out his hand."That piece of shit. It's a fake." He yells and then throws it back into the sandriverpit.

"Are you out of your fucking mind?" Asmodeus says to Mammon.

Mammon just shrugs.

He should be chained back up. I should do it..

"Alright, Mammon you can leave we don't need you."

"Well." Mammon looks Sam up and down puts his nose in the air and walks off.