Chapter Fourteen: Broken Noggin

I think Sam teleports me. I feel like my world feels as if it's spinning. I'm fading in and out of consciousness. I feel myself lying on a hard solid floor. I can't see anything. I can't move from the pain and exhaustion. I'm almost passing out again and then I do. I feel someone over me.

"Xirasti?" Asmodeus tries to get my attention. I try to speak but all that comes out is a weird noise. Not what I'm expecting to come out. Then I pass out again. I feel someone shaking me. "Xirasti?" It's Asmodeus again voice full of panic. I feel myself being lifted. Pain radiates through me as someone touches my head. I cry out and pass out again. "I told you something was wrong." He yells at someone. I can't open my eyes it feels like they're heavy.

"She is the strongest being I know. She didn't need our help." Sam says with surety to Asmodeus.

"Clearly," Asmodeus says mad at Sam. "Your plan is just so fucking important to you. This important?" He questions him and Sam says nothing. "I'm telling her I can see inside her memories and thoughts when I touch her. That you used a loophole by using it through me."

"You will not that's an order," Sam yells at him.

I hear a feminine silky voice say "I'm sorry."

He yells with fury "Don't say shit to me." Then he gathers me from off the ground..

"Where are you taking her?" Sam is right on his heels. He ignores him.

I feel him jostle me this way and that. Being carried I bump around. "Fucking hell." He says. "That's a lot of blood." He says freaking out I feel him sit down with me.

"Give her to me." Sam says urgently.

"Fuck you, Don't you fucking touch her." He says pulling me away from Sam. They stop talking. He removes my hair from my face. Asmodeus places two fingers under my neck. "I can't see her memories anymore. They are blurring in and out." He says cause he finds it horrifying. "Get a doctor." He says sharply to Sam. I pass out again then awake again.

"Where would you like me to do that?" Sam says with annoyance.

"This is hell dumb ass, do you think all doctors go to heaven? Get one out of punishment and bring them here. Go." He yells.

"Give me her and you go," Sam says. I can feel him stroking a knuckle down my face.

"Don't you fucking look at her like that," Sam says angrily. He doesn't stop.

"Just go." He says Sam you can hear the disappointment in his voice. I hear footsteps and Sam leaves. I try to say something but it doesn't come out right and he says "Shh. It's alright." He tries to comfort me. Then I pass out again.

I don't know how long I was out for. But I awaken from Sam commanding someone to help me. I feel Asmodeus tighten his grip on me and growl. 'If you want me to help her you need to let me get closer. The man says calmly.

I hear the doctor say "What happened?"

"She hit her head," Asmodeus says.

The doctor reaches over me to go to my eye and Asmodeus growls. The doctor hesitates but then lifts my eyes open. "Do you have a light of some sort?"

"I am light." I hear Sam say that the doctor is stupid.

"Hm." The doctor says. "Her eyes are barely responsive." They are? I panic and try to speak again. "Shh Shh, Xirasti it's okay." Asmodeus says to me.

"Wheres is the wound?" The doctor asks and I feel him hold my head gently without touching the part where the impact hit.

"Put your light over here." The doctor points to somewhere on my head.