Chapter Forty-Two: Let's Stay here

I'm teleported back and I end up exactly where I was on the sofa. Sam comes over and sits beside me and waits for me to say something. I just curl up closer to myself and the back of the sofa. Sam just waits there expecting something out of me. I have nothing to say. I can't say anything.

"What did Uriel say?" Sam finally asks.

"I can't say," I say forcefully. He growls.

"Why can't you?" Sam says pushing the issue.

"Because. I. Can't." I say each word with frustration.

"You know you can't trust Uriel right? Do you forget he was one of the reasons I was stuck below?" Sam says intentionally picking fights.

"Why can't you just trust me? After everything I've done for you, you still can't trust me. That's just wrong and makes me feel sick." I say hurt and I hope he hears the disappointment coming from me. He says nothing. I feel Asmodeus's hand come up and rub my back but I feel his hand is taken away from me. I'm ready to lose my shit. I try to use my ability to turn off my teleport tracker and then teleport to my house. I lay down on my bed and curled up. I stare at a book cover that's in front of me and just let my mind zone out. I don't want to be around Sam or in the same bed with him. I need space. He's driving me crazy and not in a good way. I would go rent a hotel room but because of Michael, I'm not safe out there.

I just want to hug Asmodeus and go to sleep with him by my side. But again Sam doesn't trust me. After everything how could he not? My brain is running through all these things it's hard to think straight. It's hard to want to sleep when I feel so sad. I stare off and hope sleep comes to me. Eventually, it did. I feel myself moving but am too tired to open my eyes and then I feel myself placed down. My head hits the pillow and I'm asleep again.

I wake up and I feel a body next to mine. I give it a moment and realize it's Asmodeus. I open my eyes and he's staring down at me like I'm a prize he won at the fair. I notice he doesn't have a shirt on. So I stop hugging him pull the sheet over my head and scoot over away from him. I don't want Sam upset with either of us. I'm in love with Asmodeus too. Even though Sam doesn't deserve it I choose him. Asmodeus scoots back closer to me and puts an arm around me. I let the sheet come off just so he can see my face and I give him the stink eye. Then I put my head back under the sheet and move away from him. I turn on my side and through the sheet I can see Sam there watching. Asmodeus doesn't come closer given my reaction. I feel the bed move and Sam comes over and pulls me across the bed to his side. I push him away and butt-hop back into the middle of the bed. Neither one of them touched me. I close my eyes and go back to sleep.

I wake up and I feel very rested. Like I have gotten ten hours or more of sleep. I needed it badly. I stir and I take my sheet off my head and Asmodeus is still lying in the same spot. Asmodeus's eyes closed resting. I scoot off the bed get some clothes and a towel then go into the bathroom. I take a long hot shower then get changed. I leave the bathroom then go to the sofa and put my sneakers on. I go and sit on Asmodeus's side and bounce on him. Asmodeus groans from my weight. "Are we going to get the last artifact or what?" I say and wait for Sam to speak because I know he's there watching me. I bounce on Asmodeus more just cause and he's still groaning.

I feel Sam grab me by my middle and then pin me to the bed. I narrow my eyes at him and give him the evilest stare I have. Sam looks afraid and falters. Sam gets off of me then comes right back he pins my hands above my head. Sam comes in for a kiss and I turn my head aside. "Wildflower, I can't stand this I can't stand you mad at me," Sam says his voice breaking. My heart hurts but I need to stay mad. I can't just let Sam get away with this. It's a huge issue Sam not trusting me. Not getting anything out of me he rubs between my legs. I know what Sam's doing but my will to be mad is leaving. No. Sam's trying to get me to have brain mush. I flip Sam over and grip his dick over his shorts. I start rubbing. Sam looks at me with pure lust in his eyes.