Chapter Thirty-Seven: First Bones Mission

I bend over and put my hands on my knees trying to catch my breath but there's no breath to be found. I feel arms engulf me from behind. I turn around and see Sam looking at me lovingly then his eyes shooting wide.

"What's wrong?" His eyes are wide with panic.

"It's okay." Which isn't a lie everything will be okay. Uriel's going to see to it. "Michael is upping his defenses to double. We need to get the last items as soon as possible." I say breathing in and out fast.

"We don't need to rush everything will... He tries to finish but I interrupt.

"No. We need to get things done quickly." I say with finality.

"Why? What's wrong?" He tries to press me for information.

"Please just listen to me," I say as I pinch the bridge of my nose between my eyes. I have a hard pressure pounding in the back of my head.

"If there's something to know you need to tell me." He says with concern. I look into his eyes trying to hide my pain.

"If I could tell you something I would." Which isn't a lie. I can't tell him so I won't. He stares into my eyes for a few moments. Then drops the conversation. He pulls me to him and puts his arms around me.

"I love you." He tells me for the second time and it hurts my heart. "I love you too." My tone sounds a bit off from my usual one. He hugs me tighter.

"The mission will work out. Don't be worried. It will be easy, you'll see." He smothers the crown of my head with kisses. He takes his hand and teleports us to the teleportation room. Aiden is waiting there with Ryan and Krista. Only Aiden addresses me. "Hey, Xirasti." He gives me a small smile. "Don't worry we all have your back." He says confidently then I smirk.

"What about my front?" I say sarcastically.

"What about your front," Sam says unhappy about my joke, and turns me around. We all laugh. Sam still thinks I mean something else. I shake my head at him. Sam teleports Asmodeus to us along with Leviathan and Belphegor.

"If the seven and Sam only have ten minutes shouldn't we stagger when they come in?" I ask thinking about it. Sam and Asmodeus come in first. Then ten minutes later Leviathan and Belphegor come in as backup?" I think it sounds like a good plan.

"You think you'll need more than ten minutes? Holding back the angels will be rough. My attack you saw with the humans will only blow up the angel's brains. A non-archangel will regenerate that in ten minutes." I feel my mouth open in shock.

"Well." I stammer. "There is a lot of dirt that I need to get rid of." I look at him as my brow pinches in the middle.

"It will all be fine," Sam says rubbing my back.

"How are you going to get rid of the dirt anyway?" Aiden asks.

"You'll see," I say with a glint in my eye. They all just look at me with their eyebrows up high. "I'm more than likely going to make a lot of noise to get through the foundation. Will you all be able to hold them off while I do it?" I ask with worry in my tone.

"We should be able to depending on how many are there." He says and I look at him nervously. Asmodeus comes over and kisses my forehead. Then gives me a side hug. Asmodeus reaches into his pocket and holds something out to me. It's in a tiny box. I grin up at him. "You got me something?" He smiles and says nothing. I open it and there's a platinum locket. It has a large diamond in the center with amethysts lining the outside forming a heart. I open it and there is a goofy-looking painted portrait of Sam and one of Asmodeus looking handsome. Both of the tiny portraits look old. I bark out a large laugh. He takes it out of the box and puts it around my neck. "Just cause." He says his eyes shining down on me with love. I look up at Sam and his jaw is tight and his eyes are shooting imaginary laser beams at Asmodeus's head.