Chapter Twenty-Two: A Sorry Leviathan

I go to walk up to my and Sam's room but someone puts their hand on my arm. I look behind me and it's Leviathan. "Can I talk to you for a minute?" She asks pulling me aside to a more private place. I think it's uncomfortable to have a conversation with her but I'll do it anyway.

"Okay." I agree.

"First I want to say I apologize for what went on when you set me free. I had a thousand years of jealousy. Upon hearing you with them it was triggering. You finding me and all those envious thoughts towards them were brewing so long I lost it. I truly am sorry."

"It's okay," I say giving her a small smile.

"It's really not but I appreciate you accepting my apology." I nodded at her and were both quiet for a moment.

"I was in love with Asmodeus too." She also doesn't realize we are only best friends. "I was always jealous of the closeness Sam and Asmodeus had. That is why you saw both of them on stakes in front of me. Michael thought it would be hilarious for me to see them dead for a thousand years." Her voice has poison in it when she says Michael's name. "I've never seen him with anyone like he is with you. He looks truly alive. He always had this emptiness about him. You've changed that." She says sounding happy and not jealous at all. 

"My time in that lake has given me some perspective now that I've had time out of it. I'm not jealous of you and Asmodeus because you make him truly happy. I loved him but it was never given back to me. He was my best friend too though. He was just abandoning me. He just cut off communication and contact. He was like a ghost. I've seen him do it to others as well. Just never Sam. I just thought to let you know that this is in his nature. I don't want the same thing to happen to you. He breathes life into you as well. I can see he makes you truly happy." She takes a breath because she realizes she's been talking long.

"I didn't know that about him. I will watch for signs in case he would do the same to me. I don't think he'd ever do it to me because of the sheer amount of pain he would cause both of us. But I will heed your warning. I appreciate you stopping to talk to me. It means a lot knowing how you want to protect me." I say giving her a small smile.

"Sam on the other hand." She says then stops and grins. "You have completely blown his mind. I've never seen someone as in love. I never thought it was possible for him. I didn't even know he could love." She looks like it baffles her.

"I did. I saw it the whole time." I blush. She gets a humorous smile on her face.

"You're adorable." She shakes her head. "Well thank you for talking to me." Her body movements show she's ready to leave.

"See you later." I smile at her and move to go to Sam's room and wave at her. I walk up the stairs and over the landing and sit for a minute on the bed. Could Asmodeus really abandon me? Even though we are best friends. Is that even possible? I would think it would feel excruciating to be separated from him. Just the thought is making me have pain in my stomach. Asmodeus shows up a second later and he comes to sit next to me on the bed. He looks sick.

"What's wrong?" I ask wondering if I should worry or not.

"I have a stomach ache." I instantly feel bad. Seeing him is making me feel better. My stomach settles. "I feel a little better now. Must of been that cheesecake from a while ago." I laugh. I take another long hot shower. Then I put on one of my long T-shirts and get into bed. I tangle myself in the sheets threading them through my legs and popping my butt out to get comfortable. I watch as Asmodeus goes to lie down on the couch. Then I sleep because it's been mentally draining today.

I feel a hand skimming up and down my thigh. I can tell it's Asmodeus. I smile and don't open my eyes. "Asmodeus."

"How did you know it was me?" He asks in shock.

"Because when you touch me I feel tingles and sparks." There's silence.

"And Lucifer?" He presses.

"What about him?" I find it annoying that he even mentions Sam.

"What does it feel like when he touches you?" It feels good to have Asmodeus someone I can tell anything to.

"I feel my veins are set on fire. Then the fire radiates spreading warmth all through the rest of my body. My heart feels like it's trying to break out of my chest it beats so hard. I can't even think. I forget to breathe. It's like I cast a time stop on the moment so all that exists in time is me and him. I feel desperate for more." I open my eyes. "Does that make any sense?"

Asmodeus 's not looking at me he's looking behind me. "Sam's behind me isn't he?" Asmodeus cringes. "Why did I trust you?" I feel my face it's as bright red as a tomato and it's as hot as the temperature of the sun. "I won't make that mistake again." I'm shooting daggers at Asmodeus. Asmodeus looks afraid, good, he should be. I lightly push Asmodeus's shoulder and not expecting it he goes flying onto the floor. Asmodeus crawls back to me and kneels in front of me.

"Xirasti, I'm sorry," Asmodeus says and I level him with a glare.

"Who's best friend are you anyway?" I ask being pissed off.

"Both," Asmodeus says as he needs me to understand that.

"Oh please, don't pretend if you had to choose it wouldn't be me. We both know you'd pick me." Asmodeus looks over to Sam and cringes.

"You're right. I'm sorry."

"What the hell?" I hear Sam yell. Asmodeus just shrugs one shoulder at him then returns his attention to me.

"Don't do anything like that again," I say my face looking hurt.

"I won't I promise," Asmodeus swears while giving me a desperate look in his eyes.