Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Lament

"I think there's an artifact in hell we can recover," Asmodeus says.

Sam raises an eyebrow at him. "Serephina's harp." That is all he says. I watch as pain and hardness come over his face.

"Where is it?" Sam asks.

I watch as Asmodeus visibly cringes. "The Abyss. With you and Xirasti's darkness and light abilities, I think we can get in and out."

I watch as Sam has to hold onto the shelf as he takes in what Asmodeus is telling him.

"When do you want to go?" Asmodeus asks.

"Now." Sam decides.

"This is where I last saw her," Asmodeus says. It's so dark and Sam's light doesn't work here. I hear a lament being strung on a type of instrument. It must be the harp. It plays over and over in a loop. It is haunting yet calming at the same time. Now we are at the Abyss, the hole is terrifying. There is absolutely no light penetrating the void. Only I can see in the darkness. 

"It's magical darkness. You two won't be able to see only I can." Sam shines his light into the darkness but it's just barely seen. I do the same and it's a little better but it's still mostly darkness. I try to expand out the darkness so our light can shine in an area around us. It works. Then Sam teleports us in. I expand out the darkness even more until there is a wide dome around us and Sam's like is our beacon. We walk towards the sound of the harp. I expand the darkness out all the way so we have a clearer view of the section the harp is in. The next second these cornflower blue opaque wispy bodies are pelting into the light dome but disappearing instantly. The more and more of them start to notice us the more the bombardment happens. Their wispy bodies now have faces of anger which are shrieking loudly.

"What are these things?" I ask yelling.

"Vengeful spirits," Asmodeus yells back.

"This is all your fault!" A woman's voice roars at us from in the shadows. A voice full of hatred. We all go still.

"Seraphina?" Sam yells to her. She doesn't answer. I expanded the darkness in front of us and shone a light in the direction she was standing. So that Sam and Asmodeus would be able to see her too. I lost track of where she went. I turn and her face is directly in front of mine. I scream and put the light on her. Even in the light, her body is consumed by darkness. I expand the darkness out on the sides of her more and shine my light on her more. She hisses and retreats further into the darkness. The harp begins playing loudly and it makes the spirits start to settle down. I looked around to see the harp and its ride in the middle of the area behind where she was standing.

Asmodeus looks to the darkness near where he thinks she is."I couldn't do anything. I couldn't save you. You fell into the Abyss. I couldn't cross the threshold or I would have been trapped too." Asmodeus pleads sadly. "I didn't tell Sam because it was too late. I thought you were dead already." He says remorseful.

"You can say whatever you want but the truth is you gave me my fatal blow. Because of you, I was on the brink of death. Such hatred filled me that I became one of these Vengeful Spirit's and stuck by the darkness in my heart so I couldn't fully die." I try to use my sevens aura to decrease her wrath and increase her sloth. It doesn't work she's immune to the aura. I watch her charge at Asmodeus. In the last second before she reaches him I step in front of Asmodeus and end up choking me instead. She pulls me into the darkness the light burning her. I'm lifted off my feet I can feel my face turning bright red. I slap at her grasp but it's just too strong. She is just too powerful. 

She finally notices she has me and not Asmodeus so she drops me. I instantly fall to my knees choking and coughing gasping for air. I'm outside the light bubble so the spirits start to dive-bomb me. Their wispy bodies traverse through my skin. It feels like my soul is being drained out of my body whenever one passes through me. The dread. The emptiness. I watch as she tries to go for Asmodeus again but I stand and jump in front of her.