Chapter Five: Revenge

I take off my shirt transform into my demon form and fly after him. It takes me a while but as I get closer I hear people start to scream while bright flashes of light light up the cavern and the whole city area. I land and the scene before me is gruesome. I see people hovering from the ground being contorted in different ways. Golden lightning bolts flash and each time it strikes a random person's head causing them to explode. So much death. As the flash goes off again I notice from the top of the cavern demons being hung from nooses struggling and kicking. Have they always been there? And I just didn't notice? Or... has he just done it?

He yells out the names of each member of the seven. No one answers. I watch in an instant and they are now standing in front of Sam.

"You will pay for imprisoning me." Each word was a growl. Thorne leads the assault on Sam. Seven-on-one isn't a fair fight. I watch as Bancroft punches Sam in the ribs where one of the spikes was. Sam cries out in pain. Something in me snaps.

"No! Don't you touch him!" I can feel my whole body smoking and exuding energy. Like the feeling when you stand too close to a fire. I throw my hand in a wide arc and all but Thorne are pinned against a wall. The seven all have an amethyst color circular pattern behind them each ring of the circle is encompassed by glowing runes that stand out two-dimensionally. It's my defensive entrapment spell. My favorite spell I can do. 

Sam whips his head in my direction and is watching what I'm doing so he doesn't see Thorne about to take a cheap shot. I push my hand out with a lot of force and throw Thorne against the wall. I circle my hand like turning a door knob and a mulberry-colored rune that looks like a lock hovers over Thorne's body I focus and it happens to the rest. I made it so they can't cast spells. I watch Sam and he's looking at me then at all the others. One by one I watch them all disappear and then so does he.

The days and nights of screaming and the sound of people wailing in pain are too much. I'm starting to go mad having to listen to it. I can't leave because then I'd have to see it. All this is because of me. Sam doesn't deserve to be locked up at least by his version of the story. But that doesn't mean I can stomach this either. I'm feeling trapped.

Images flash at how Sam was being trapped. I feel anger bubbling up from my chest. Did Sam do something so terrible as to deserve that? Was it just a power grab? By the seven. Was the story Sam told me even true?