Chp.8 The Vote

-AUTHOR's POV-

-THE NEXT DAY-

The next morning....in the dorm, Clementine was waking up, and yet wouldn't forget what happen last night...as she woke up, AJ notices her awake and to approach to her with a cup of coffee...

AJ: Hey. I made you coffee. It was in the kitchen, Tenn said that I could have some for us.

Clementine: Thank you. Heh, I'm surprised you know how to make it. We haven't had coffee in a long time.

AJ: I know....Clem...Last night...about what happen with Marlon, what Louis called me...am I a murderer?

Clementine: ....

AJ: I don't get it, we were supposed to kill bad stuff, and Marlon was bad for what he did to Tenn's sisters, he killed Brody...and he shot (YN)....did I do it wrong?

Clementine: It's hard to explain this kiddo, but...Louis didn't mean it. He was just scared and really hurt.

AJ: But, I didn't hurt him.

Clementine: No, I meant he's sad and should have never said that.

AJ: But..if I am a murderer, I should know. Right? So...so I can try not to be one...I don't know.

Clementine: *sighs* This is going to be hard to hear AJ, and I really hate to say it, but Louis was right. Look..sometimes people do bad things, like Marlon did. But when he wasn't a threat anymore, and your shot him still. When you kill someone who isn't no longer a threat, it's a murderer.

AJ: ...Even if they were bad?

Clementine: Even then, it was wrong.

AJ: So..what are we going to do? If I'm a murderer...am I going to die too?

Clementine: What?! N-No, why would you say that??

AJ: I mean, if I am one, that makes me a monster too, no? And I know what happens to monsters...nothing good.

Clementine: I'm not gonna let you nothing bad happen to you ever. (YN) as well.

AJ: Promise?

Clementine: Cross my heart.

AJ: Okay...but, I just don't want them to hate me, what can I do?

Clementine: We're gonna fix this, come sit with me. I'm gonna help you atone.

AJ sits next with Clem...

AJ: Atone??

Clementine: It means make up for something you did wrong. We'll make it alright with the others.

AJ: ....

Clementine: What's wrong??

AJ: ...You and (YN) killed people too, right? Like, you both killed your friend Lee, right?

Clementine: What?

AJ: You and (YN) said he was handcuffed, and wasn't a threat too. So...that means you murdered him??

Clementine: ...That's different AJ. We killed him cause we loved him, we didn't wanted him to suffer. We didn't wanted him to turn into a monster...so, the only way to not let him turn...is to end him....and He deserved better.

AJ: Oh...

AJ can see Clem face of how bad she feels when mentioning Lee...so he comforts him...

AJ: Clem. I love you, and (YN)...both of you.

Clementine: We love you back as well kiddo.

AJ: ...Is (YN) gonna be okay?