Chp.20

-AUTHOR's POV-

Later that day, the sun is about to set anytime soon. James agreed to help Clem and the others to save their other friends from Lilly. Clem (YN) and AJ arrived back to the school and has inform everyone about James agreeing to help and using the herd for cover to sneak in the boat by tomorrow night. So, since there isn't much to do aside from the plan, Ruby decided to throw a little party to lift the others spirits before heading to the boat. Which seems like a solid idea have one last fun. And they all agreed to it. Clementine went to help out Ruby making some tea with the rest setting up everything for the party. In the meantime, (YN) and AJ head to the dorm as AJ wanted to draw for some decorations. He then finished and showed them to (YN).

(YN): Heh, nice drawing bud.

AJ: Thanks, im an artist!

(YN): Hehe, You sure are.

Then suddenly, AJ's smile kinda faded a bit as (YN) notice...

(YN): Something wrong?

AJ: I was just..thinking about stuff while drawing. There are three kind of eyes (YN).

(YN): Huh, oh yeah?

AJ: There are alive people's eyes, which we got those. Then there's monster's eyes, usually look like dirty water. Then there are alive people's eyes that end up dead, like you did to Abel. His eyes...looked like a candle was blown away. I know he was a bad guy, and I get this weird feeling when he was begging...I know I hated him...I think there's something wrong with me.

(YN): AJ, everything you're feeling is okay, it makes you a good person.

AJ: ...am I good? I wanna be better (YN), let everyone know.

(YN): Of course, you're the best.

AJ: And, I'm getting real smart.

(YN): Heh, is that right?

AJ: Yes, cause I think a lot of time.

(YN): Hehe, alright what are you thinking right now?

AJ: ...What you and I talked about...you getting bit. Turning into a monster.

(YN): ...Oh.

AJ: Yea, the more I get older, the more I see it. I don't know why. What happens then? Doesn't matter if you're still inside or outside, or how careful you are.

(YN): Even if we did talked about it, but it won't happen.

AJ: You Don't know that.

(YN): No, I don't. But won't happen anytime soon.

AJ: You Don't know that either. You're just trying to make me feel brave. And it does something weird to my stomach, like if I'm gonna get the dookies.

(YN): AJ, I need to know you remember what we talked about. What you're suppose to do when it happens?

AJ: ...

(YN): If I get bit....you and Clem will run away as fast and far-

AJ: No! No, im not gonna do that!