003

RED HANDED

The fluorescence of the ambience struck the scene from above, illuminating the encounter harshly and bringing clarity to the eyes that glanced up at the taunting resonance of curiosity beckoning for an answer that reveled within the bubbling cauld...

The fluorescence of the ambience struck the scene from above, illuminating the encounter harshly and bringing clarity to the eyes that glanced up at the taunting resonance of curiosity beckoning for an answer that reveled within the bubbling cauldrons of oblivion and being blatantly obvious and waving in the face of the inquirer. But still the voice of the inquired pierces through the stale spaciousness of the ambience, the voice resonant as it protrudes through the thickness of curiosity and gambols along the walls of the institution before rushing to thrum along the ear drums of all close enough to hear upon the voice the beckoned. For it rippled the still pond of the hallway like a rock into the body of water, sounding off into the atmosphere like a waves in a pool bothered by the sultry southerner and their equally as sultry gaze having arose to meet the mesmerized appearance of the very other before the gentle breeze of an apology rung the anticipatory nagging of the MD and overcoming it with the soft, "I apologize for how long this taking.. Imma be on my way around the flo' in the next ten minutes." His tone soothed the fury in her demeanor like water against a blazing fire, dwindling its anger and heat into a smoldering pile of ash and dust he'd blown away into a measly pile of indestructible metal and rock. His politeness and respect had always prevailed with each and every apology and excuse out forth by the gallant and his tendencies to take his sweet time. For authenticity and genuineness had never lacked and acknowledgement of the inconvenience his idleness had on the schedules of so many others having brought a great sense of respect and forgiveness to he and his frequent dawdling. Maurice glanced up, his deep and tender eyes ablaze with the means of natural allure and sensuality before resuming a tiresome fixation upon the filing and organization of paper work, the scheduling of meetings, and the mindful order to which he'd go about tending to the roster of patients that awaited his arrival for the scheduled intake of medication.

"Oh no! Take your time, I just thought I'd come check on you before I take my leave for the night. I feel it would be pretty barbaric of me to ask you to come in on a night you're off to fill in for Quinn."

Maurice chuckled at the acknowledgement, his head low as it thought back to the call he'd gotten whilst lost in the divine universe that was the love and lust of his fiancée and the pleasure that invaded his being having gotten lost in the reminiscence of a pleasure he'd been revoked from feeling as often now working a third shift job. "You good. I understand you needed somebody so don't even stress it— I'll be good." Assured the content APRN, his tone smooth with the complacency they'd found wallowing in the content peace of the institutions silence now that curfew had been put into place. Bed time within the inpatient ward of the institution came in stages, having started as early as six pm with dinner served and followed up by dessert served at six-thirty, it was relaxation period from seven to nine where lights that hadn't already been turned off by the patient where shut off by the schedule placed upon the lights within the rooms of patients.