061

ROCKET

Gentle was the kiss the graces the comforting warmth of her cheek, like a wish blown into the abyss of a dark starry night, his lips lull her into the dark abyss that was her dreams of endless possibilities and love wrapped up in the whim of her o...

Gentle was the kiss the graces the comforting warmth of her cheek, like a wish blown into the abyss of a dark starry night, his lips lull her into the dark abyss that was her dreams of endless possibilities and love wrapped up in the whim of her over imaginative mind behind the sweet flutter shut that were her drowsy lids. It was this very state that reminded him that she was still indeed a baby, the sweet little girl he always saw when he looked at her, her chubby cheeks meshing into the closed eyes of her sleepy face, her mouth sucking subconsciously at the pacifier he was struggling to wean her off of and the dinosaur themed pajamas she sported from beneath her blanket. In hand she clutched her bunny, tight against her body as she dove gracefully into the waters of the oncoming evening. Perfect timing that maintained her eight-thirty bed time that would normally allow him to get ready for work, but he was off so this was the perfect time for h him to return to his bedroom and depending on the occupant found their, either go to bed also, or fall into the endless trap of being so hopelessly in love with a woman who had the power to make him do absolutely any and everything.

So carefully Maurice arises, fearfully scooting himself from out of the small bed and onto the floor he rolls onto in attempts to refrain from awakening his three year old. She shifts, he stops, holds his breath and stares at her body that flops onto her back and exhales softly before her soft snores began. Maurice exhales, relief coursing his existence having removed himself successfully from his daughter's bed and from there arises from the floor and exits the bedroom, closing the door to a small crack that still allowed for hindsight to come out of her room just in case she did just so happen to wake up as she still sometimes awoken with a need to go potty. Having made perfect timing for his daughters eight-thirty bed time, it was normally at this very time that he would start getting ready to leave for work, if not already on the way out the door, but on this very particular night he was now adjusting to the nightly plans that came with being a man with a sexy girlfriend. It had been hours since he'd sent her to go lay down for nap and had been checking on her occasionally to see if she was still sleeping or not to which she was every single time. Her state reflected perfectly how tired she was and her body had told of her a lot more as she continued to rest into the late hours of the evening.

Maurice hated when she neglected her needs, when she overlooked her tiredness or her hunger or worried lady about her health in fear of upsetting someone else. And hated that she also had a very guilty conscience and felt miserable any time she needed a moment for herself as she deserved more than what she allowed herself to take and encouraged her to take all the time in the world to get herself back to her normal self and didn't care how much time it took as long as when she came back she was happy and well taken care of. Deciding against checking on her once more, he quietly pats himself on the back for successfully escaping the bedroom of his little girl without awakening her and having to restart the whole bedtime ritual. Her cooperation and tiredness had allowed for him to embark upon a slow and dreadful trek into the wrecked downstairs where Love had completely destroyed and showed her lack of care and independence through the mess she'd left in attempts to avoid having to go to bed. A mess he'd only ever stumbled along when it came to him as Florence had her night routine perfected to T that called for her daughters complete obedience and cooperation and easy going down time whereas Maurice went with the flow and followed the directions of his three year old who did whatever she wanted whenever she wanted to and walked her father in circles before finally complying and following the normal routine that set her up for a lengthy eleven hours of sleep that assured she'd be the well rested princess she always was every morning.