Chapter Eleven

Jeremy's P.O.V
I drove out of Rowan's garage and just hit the highway. I messed up big time with Rowan and I felt like such an idiot. Rowan was the best thing that could have happened to me and I screwed it up. Meeting up with my ex was a stupid move and I shouldn't have even agreed to meet her for lunch. It was just a dumb stupid idea.
I drove for several hours, just trying to clear my head on what to do. It was after dark before I finally returned to my own house. The instant I took off my helmet, a black pick-up came pulling into the drive. The truck stopped and a worried looking Joe jumped out.
"Jeremy! You need to come with me. Now."
"Why? What happened?"
"It's Rowan."
"Joe, what happened?"
"She's uh... lost it."
That was all it took to get me in the truck. Joe explained on the way to Rowan's house what had happened. Rowan had a history of getting depressed but that happened a lot with soldiers who have PTSD.
"Joe what did she do?"
"First off, she beat the tar out of another punching bag, and she has a bruised wrist because of that. And she's just down. Like really down. She's got a few new scars tonight if you know what I mean."
I nodded, knowing exactly what he was taking about. We arrived ten minutes later at Rowan's door and we both ran inside. I had no idea where to look for Rowan, but apparently Joe did. He ran through the house and out the back door towards the huge back yard.
"Rowan!"
Joe was yelling, but he didn't get a response. I had a strange feeling this night wasn't going to end to well.
"Jeremy, I'm going to go check the rest of the downstairs. You go search for her upstairs. She was out here when I left, and we have to find her."
"Got it. Yell if you find her."
He nodded and I ran upstairs and started searching for Rowan. I checked several of the rooms, before stopping at her bedroom. I opened the door stepping inside, but I didn't see Rowan and she wasn't in the bathroom. The only other place she could have been upstairs was the room I had stayed in. I walked into that room quietly and I heard someone crying, and instantly I knew it was Rowan. She was curled up in the middle of the bed in a ball, and she had fresh bandages wrapped on her arms.
I sat down carefully on the bed and reached out to pull her into my arms. She was a sobbing mess as I stood up and walked downstairs with her in my arms. Joe was walking back into the house.
"Oh thank goodness you found her."
"She's a wreak, Joe. I think we should get her to an emergency room."
"Yeah I agree. I'll drive and you sit in the backseat with her."
I nodded and followed Joe out to the truck and carefully got in with Rowan. She finally just passed out about the time we arrived at the hospital. Joe walked with me into the hospital acting basically as our bodyguard. We managed to get her a room without too much drama. Rowan was still out when the doctor finally came in to see her.
"Mr. Renner, what happened this evening?"
"I really do not know. We had an argument earlier and when I arrived home her friend came to get me. Rowan was a wreak when we finally found her, and she just passed out on the way."
He nodded as he looked over Rowan's chart.
"It says here she suffers from PTSD. What branch of military did she serve in, and what did she do?"
"Captain in the army. Sniper team."
He nodded putting her chart down.
"I see why she struggles with it. Snipers go through a whole lot."
"She's been through more then most. Anyway, what can you do for her?"
"Well we cleaned and rewrapped her cuts, and I have a prescription for sleeping pills if she wants them. Other than that I would just say stay with her and just make sure she doesn't have a relapse. If she does just bring her back here and we will see what we can do to help her."
"Thank you. When can she go home?"
"She can leave in the morning. We just want her here overnight just in case."
"Thanks again."
The doctor left and I just sat on the bed next to Rowan. I got tired, and laid down next to her. I pulled her close wrapping my arms around her and fell asleep.