Chapter Four

I woke up to Rowan’s screams around three that morning. I bolted out of bed, running down the hall and into her room.

“Rowan baby, are you okay?”

She was backed into a corner sobbing. I knelt down in front of her, and took her hands in mine.

“What happened?”

“Nightmare… Jesse…”

I picked her up and carried her back to the bed. I sat down with her still in my arms.

“I’m sorry, baby. How often do these happen?”

“Depends…”

She was still shaking, as I wiped the tears from her cheeks.

“Rowan, what usually helps you get through this?”

“I never have had anyone there for me… but that’s what Apollo is for.”

“Do you want me to go get him?”

“No, if you don’t mind, I want to try to get through this with you.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. I trust you, and you care.”

I smiled, and kissed her.

“Love you Rowan.”

“Love you too.”

We sat there together and just enjoyed each other’s company. Rowan seemed to calm down a bit.

“I’m not going to sleep anymore, Jeremy.”

“I know and I won’t leave you. Do you want to do something?”

“Sure. What did you have in mind?”

“Well it’s four in the morning, but we could go swimming here.”

“Okay, let me change.”

“Okay, meet me in the living room.”

Rowan’s P.O.V.

“Okay.”

I waited until Jeremy left the room before digging in my bag for my swimsuit. I took out my suit, which was a two-piece. It had bikini bottoms, and a tank top style top. It was light pink in color. I changed and braided my hair as I walked into the living room.

“I’m all ready Jeremy.”

He turned around with a smile on his face. He was wearing plain board shorts. I walked to him and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

“You look beautiful Rowan.”

I giggled.

“What is it, Rowan?”

“Its just that I’m in my swimsuit, and I’m a military girl. I have scars all over, and I don’t see how I’m pretty.”

He pulled me closer to him.

“Don’t talk about yourself like that. You are beautiful, Rowan.”

“Thanks Jeremy.”

“Now come on let’s go swimming.”

“Okay.”

He smiled, and picked me up.

“What are you doing?”

“You’re going in first.”

I started laughing as he carried me out the back door to the pool. He stood at the edge while I laughed and tried to pry his hands away.