Chapter Twenty-Four

When we arrived at the airport, apparently word got out that we had arrived back in the country, and there was a huge mob at the airport.

"Jeremy, this is making me nervous."

"It will be fine. Just smile, and keep walking."

"Okay."

We walked through the airport, but there was a mob of photographers outside and they surrounded us.

"Jeremy!"

Because of all the people surrounding us, I fell down several steps, and hit my head on the pavement. My head was throbbing, and all of a sudden I was getting really bad cramps.

"Jeremy... Call 911, please. Something is really wrong."

He was by my side in an instant, and he was yelling at the photographers. Thankfully security finally cleared them away, and were keeping us somewhat secluded.

Jeremy's P.O.V

I was so worried about Rowan. She had hit her head, and had a gash that was bleeding, and she was crying because she said her cramping was extremely painful.

"Rowan, everything is going to be okay."

"I-I don't think it is...."

The paramedics arrived a few minutes later, and Rowan was a total mess all the way to the hospital. I stayed with her as long as I could, before the doctor asked me to leave the hospital room. I was pretty upset when I was asked to leave and I paced the hallway until the doctor finally came outside, to talk to me. By the look on his face I knew the news probably wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be.

"Your wife has a partial concussion, and we had to put some stitches in the gash on her forehead. Other than that she is fine, and so is the baby. You were really lucky. A fall like that could cause her to loose the baby. It's truly a miracle that the baby is okay."

"Well thank you doctor. When will I be able to take my wife home?"

"You are free to take her now. She's ready to go."

"Thank you again."

The doctor left, and I walked into the hospital room. Rowan was sitting on the edge of the bed, and she looked tired.

"Hey babe, how are you?"

"I'm tired. I want to go home Jeremy."

"Then let's go home."

I saw how tired she was when she stood up, so I just picked her up and carried her out to the car. I held her close to my chest as the security team walked us out the car one of them had picked up from the airport. I laid her in the backseat, and drove home.
She was sound asleep by the time we were arrived back home. I carefully carried her into the house and tucked her into bed before unloading our bags, and then promptly making a pot of coffee. The dogs were quite happy we were back and Apollo had taken his place at Rowan's side, while Jay followed me around the house as I unpacked, and then settled in to watch the 49er's football game.

Rowan, being as tired as she was, spent most of the day sleeping, and it gave me time to relax, watch football, and after the game take a nap on the sofa. Over all it was a very quiet afternoon.

Rowan's P.O.V

When I woke up, Apollo was at my side like he always was. I got out of bed, and walked back into the living room, with Apollo at my side. The TV was on, and Jay was sitting at the foot of the sofa, and there was Jeremy, fast asleep on the sofa, snoring. I had guessed he had watched the football game, and then passed out before it was over. He could be something else, but I knew he was exhausted. I grabbed a blanket, and laid down next to him, and covered us with the blanket. He only stirred to wrap his arms around me, and he was back asleep.

It was nice to just be curled into Jeremy and not have to worry about anything at the moment. Jeremy had a bad habit of snoring and it could be comforting, or annoying and at the moment it was both. I put up with it for about ten minutes before I couldn't take it any longer.

"Jeremy, wake up."

He didn't even stir. I had about had it, so I made sure the dogs were out of the way before shoving Jeremy off the sofa. He landed with a thud, and I looked over and saw he was staring back at me.

"What was that for?"

"You were snoring. And it was annoying me."

"Hormones?"

"Hormones..."

He nodded as he sat up, and kissed me.

"I figured that's what it had to be, because my snoring hadn't ever bothered you before."

"Sorry, babe."

"It's alright. I love you."

"I love you too."

He got up, and joined me on the sofa.

"Are you up for dinner?"

"Yes, I am. I am getting hungry."

"Does sushi sound good to you?"

"Yes it does, but I can't eat it while I'm pregnant."

"Okay, then. How about steak?"

"Sounds amazing."

"Then let's go."

I got up and grabbed my purse, while Jeremy went looking for where he had tossed his wallet. It took him a while, but he eventually found it, and we were able to leave. We decided to try and not be so obvious when we went out so we took my jeep. Jeremy insisted on driving because he knew I wasn't really feeling my best.

"Babe, what restaurant are we headed to?"

"Just the steakhouse in town."

"There are a lot of them, but okay. I just want some place we aren't going to be bothered."

"Alright, what if I just pick up a to-go order, and then we go back home."

"That sounds wonderful. I don't think I'm up to being out in public for an evening after the last day's events."

"I don't blame you."

Jeremy parked, and then when inside to place the order, and I just waited for him to return to the car. I just sat thinking about the past two days, and I found it quite hard to believe that my own father had thrown Jeremy out of the house. My father had never been one to question my judgment but this time I really didn't know what to think. It was all making my head spin, and it was well.... A lot for me to deal with, and I was glad when Jeremy finally returned to the car.

"Rowan, are you alright?"

"I just don't feel that well, that's all."

"Well, I have our dinner so we can get home now."

"Good. I just want to get home, and go back to sleep."

Jeremy's P.O.V

Rowan wasn't looking so great. I knew she was tired, but she looked like she hadn't slept in days.

"Babe, are you sure you are alright?"

"I'm not really sure, Jeremy."

I just gave her a quick kiss before starting the car, so we could go back home. Rowan stayed quiet the whole ride home, and she ended up falling asleep about five minutes away from the house. All of this was stressful for her, and I wished there was something that I could do, but at the moment I didn't know of any thing I could do.

I took the food inside when we got home, and then went back out. And picked Rowan up in my arms, and brought her inside. She was still asleep as I tucked her into bed and kissed her before going back into the kitchen and put away the food. I just grabbed a protein shake, so I could eat dinner with her, if she woke up later that evening.

I had decided to just chill and watch a movie, just to relax, and then wait and see if Rowan would wake up