Chapter Thirty One

Jeremy's P.O.V

As Rowan showered, I sat out on the patio, with the baby monitor in case Annie woke up. I booked the hotel and made sure we would have someone to keep the dogs. Scarlett was going to watch Annie for the weekend, and Chris would watch the dogs. Over all it was shaping up to be a relaxing and peaceful weekend for the two of us.

Rowan and I were going to have a wonderful weekend together, and I hoped that Rowan would finally relax some, because I knew she needed this even more than I did. The sun felt good, as I stretched out on one of the chairs. Annie would sleep for a few hours, so Rowan and I would be able to just be together for a little while.

"Jeremy, close your eyes."

I heard Rowan call out from inside, so I did as she instructed.

"Okay, they are closed."

I heard Rowan's footsteps come to stop in front of me.

"Open your eyes."

I opened my eyes and gasped. Rowan was standing in front of me with her hair in a ponytail, but what was really striking was what she was wearing. Rowan was wearing a dark blue bikini.

"I thought you didn't own one..."
I sat up and smiled. My wife looked stunning, and I hardly noticed the scars that covered her torso. She wouldn't make eye contact with me, but she quietly answered.

"I've had it for years...it was before the bomb..."

"Rowan, you look absolutely beautiful. Why haven't you worn it before?"

"I-I was scared."

I reached out, and took her hands, pulling her down into my lap.

"Rowan, I have seen your scars before and I think you are absolutely stunning."

"Thank you, sweetheart. I just forget that the scars don't mean anything to you."

"You're beautiful no matter what, and I am so happy to have you as my wife."

"Thank you Jeremy. Thank you..."

I smiled as I kissed her and she stretched out in the chair with me.

"I booked our hotel suite, and arranged for a limo to take us to the party on Friday."
"Sounds like a plan. I can hardly wait."

"It should be an enjoyable evening for the two of us."

I heard her sigh before she spoke.

"Jeremy, can I ask you something?"
"Sure babe. Anything."

"In the Avengers, when you and Scarlett did the fight scene between your characters, to bring Clint back, did you two actually fight?"

"Yes we did. It took a lot of practice in order to get that scene on film. It was fun thought, and I had a couple bruises from it."

"I bet you did. We should spar sometime."

I looked at her a little surprised at what she had just suggested. She looked up at me with a smile.

"You seriously want to spar with me?"

"Jeremy I am a trained soldier and it wouldn't be the first time I have fought with a man. Maybe after we get back from our weekend away we can do some workouts together."

"That would be fun. I'm looking forward to it."

"As am I."