Chapter Twenty-Three

I woke up the next morning, curled into Jeremy's side, and he had his arms around me, and they had been that way all night.

For me, the morning started with throwing up, several times, before getting dressed. Jeremy got up shortly after I did, and he was there to help keep me calm as I dealt with the morning sickness.

"Come on babe, let's go join your parents for breakfast."

"I'm not so sure how I can face my parents after that conversation we had last night. It just seems like they don't want to accept the fact that we are married, and that we are going to have a baby."

"I think your mom is happy about this, and your dad, well he is just being your dad. I don't blame him. I mean I am pretty sure I wouldn't want my daughter getting married to someone a lot older than her."

"But what if it's true love?"

"Then I will learn to accept it. Just like your dad said he would do."

"Okay."

I knew Jeremy would make a good dad, but I knew he was going to be a pretty protective one.

"Come on, we need to go down and see your parents. I'm sure they want to see you this morning."

"I just want to go back to bed. The baby is messing with my stomach so much... I think I may be sick again."

Jeremy nodded, and helped me to the bathroom again, where I spent the next few minutes dry heaving because there was nothing else on my stomach.

"Jeremy... I want to go home."

"I know sweetheart and I promise we will at the end of the week, but right now we have to spend some time with your parents."

"Okay, just tell them I'll be down later. I need to go back to bed."

He nodded, and carried me back to bed.

"I'll see if I can bring some food up for you."

"Just tell the cook that I'm sick and I'm sure he will send up something. Angelo knows him, so just tell him what ever you want and his cooking will rival Angelo's."

"Don't let him hear you say that."

"I won't. But be careful, his cooking is good. He's Angelo's younger brother."

He smiled, as he shook his head.

"Alright, now try and get some rest."

"I'll do my best."

He gave me a kiss before heading downstairs, and I just sighed as I tried to get comfortable on the bed. It was a surreal feeling for me, knowing that I was pregnant. I was told at one point I probably wouldn't be able to have children, but I was glad I had the chance now. I knew Jeremy was going to make a good father, but he seemed to be a little nervous about it. I mean, I hadn't expected this so soon after getting married, but it happened, and there was no turning back now.
I stayed upstairs for a while, just waiting for Jeremy to come back upstairs, but he never did. It must have been over an hour after he went down, when I finally decided to get up and go see what had happened to him.

"Mom, where is Jeremy?"

I asked as I walked into the kitchen. She looked up from her magazine, and she looked a little sad.

"Mom, where is Jeremy?"

"You're father threw him out."

"What! Where is he?"

"Don't shout. He's waiting for you outside near the guesthouse. You better go talk with him, before your father comes back."

"How could Dad do this? I thought he was going to try and accept us."

"Look sweetheart, I accept you and Jeremy as a couple, but your father, well he doesn't like the age difference."

"I think we are probably going to leave, and return to LA."

"It's probably for the best. I will could out and visit in a few weeks, if I get the chance okay?"

"Okay, and thank you."

"Wish you two the best of luck."

"Thanks mom."

I gave her a hug before quickly getting the bags repacked and having someone put them in the car, as well as get the dogs. Jeremy was waiting right where my mom said he would be.

"I am so sorry for the way my father acted. It was such a mistake coming here."

"Rowan, it's alright. Let's just go home, where it's just the two of us."

"Sounds like a wonderful idea."

We got in the car and managed to make it to the airport and caught a plane back to LA. The trip to meet my parents wasn't what I was hoping for. I knew my father could be strict but this was outrageous. I mean I wasn't surprised that Dove had decided to travel with Harry. I couldn't believe my own father had thrown had thrown my husband out of the house. It just made me mad, and being mad made me sick.

I was sick all the way home on the flight. I was so glad we were on a private plane this time because one meal, and I was sick for hours. I had never been so sick in my life.

"Rowan, come on love you need to take a deep breath. You need to calm yourself down."

"Jeremy... I-I can't manage to calm down...."

Jeremy did his best, to calm me down and as much as I loved him, he was being a bit annoying to me. Four hours later, and I was exhausted. Jeremy just sat on the floor with me, and held me close to me.

"Babe, you need to try and get some sleep... You've been sick since we took off."

"Not my fault completely."

"What do you mean by that?"

"It takes two to make a baby, Jeremy."

He chuckled and planted a kiss on my forehead.

"You have me there. But hey, even if you're pregnant, I still have the hottest wife in Hollywood."

"You are something else sweetheart."

"You love me though."

"Yes. Yes I do, and I hope you will be able to put up with my hormonal moods."

"Don't worry Rowan, I'll do my best."

"Thanks Jeremy."