Chapter Thirteen

My phone went off around eight the next morning, and I woke up with a start. I tried to sit up but Jeremy had his arms around my waist and then I realized we had both fallen asleep on the living room floor. Dove would arrive around one, so we just had a couple hours to get ready and then get to the airport. It was the perk of my family getting to be able to travel at a moments notice because my dad had a private jet.
Jeremy was still fast asleep, and there was no way to get loose from him, because he had a good grip on my waist.
"Jeremy, come on babe wake up."
I managed to get my arms free and started to get Jeremy's hands undone from around my waist. He finally started to stir as I got out from his grasp.
"Good morning Rowan."
"Morning sleepy head. Do you realize we slept on the living room floor all night?"
He sat up after I did and I heard his back pop, and he groaned.
"Yeah I realize that now. Man this was not good for my back."
"So I heard."
I stood up and then helped Jeremy to his feet, and he gave me a kiss when he was finally standing up.
"So should we go out for breakfast and then go get your sister?"
"Yeah, but I want to shower first."
"Yeah that's probably a good idea. I think I need to smell good if I'm going to be around two girls."
"Yes you do."
He laughed before kissing me again.
"I'll see you after your shower."
"Same to you Jeremy."
I headed back to my room, and undid the bandages around my arms, and then showered. I washed my hair, and finished up my shower. I dried off and changed into a pair of cutoff jean shorts, and an army tee shirt of mine. I brushed out my hair, and put it in a fishtail braid, and then did my makeup so it gave a natural look, but made my eyes pop. I slipped on a pair of sneakers and then put my engagement ring back on.  I smiled as I headed back into my room grabbing my phone and purse, then back into the living room where Jeremy was already waiting for me.
"You look stunning as usual babe."
"Thank you Jeremy."
He pulled me into a long kiss and I smiled as I pulled away.
"Where would you like to go for breakfast?"
"You choose, but first I need to redo my bandages."
"I'll do it. Come on into the kitchen."
I followed him, and sat on the counter as he carefully rewrapped my wrists. Man I was going to have to come up with something to tell my sister if she asked, but I'd come up with something when I had to.
"All set. Now where would my beautiful fiancée like to go for breakfast?"
"How about we go and het something no too good for us?"
"Like what?"
"How about Starbucks, and donuts?"
"Rowan, I like the way you think."
I laughed as he picked me up off the counter and set me down.
"Well then lets go. You're driving."
He laughed, as he put his wallet and phone in his jeans back pocket, and picked up his keys. He was wearing old sneakers, jeans, a tee shirt and his SF forty-niners hat.
He held my hand as we walked out to the car together and he even opened my door for me. He was being a gentleman, and I couldn't wait to see how he did with my sister.
"So coffee and donuts here we come."
I laughed as he shut my door and walked around to the driver's side, and got in. He started the car, and we pulled out of the driveway. It took us about twenty minutes for us to get our breakfast. We just talked and enjoyed our junk food for breakfast. We parked near the private airstrip and waited for my sister's plane to land.
We talked about all sorts of things including plans for the wedding and for our future. The conversation rolled around to something I had been meaning to ask Jeremy since he had proposed to me.
"Jeremy, do you want kids?"
He looked over at me, with a bit of a smile on his face.
"Of course I do. Why?"
"I just wanted to know, because I want kids as well."
He smiled and leaned over to kiss me. I smiled into it.
"What if we got married before the wedding?"
I pulled away, to look at Jeremy who had a smile on his face.
"What do you mean?"
"Let's get married privately and then we can have the big wedding, with all of our friends."
"What's your motive?"
He just chuckled.
"I love you that's all, and I don't want to wait any longer to be able to call you my wife."
I could not believe what I was hearing.
"I don't know what to say... Scarlett would never forgive us."
"Well then they will know about it. After we are married."
"You're not making much sense..."
"Let's elope, and then have the big wedding in December. We could just hire someone to do the rest of the planning, and we basically are already married in a way."
I sat there thinking about what he said, and it was starting to make sense. We lived in the same house most of the time, we were always together, and well it made a lot of sense.
"I guess we could... Are you sure you want to go forward and do this?"
"I love you too much not to do this."
"Alright then I guess let's do it."
He smiled and gave me another kiss.
"How about next week?"
"Fine by me. I think my sister just landed."