Chapter 34

Have the unfinished sketch of Darkstalker I did ;)

Rogue...

It all happened so fast, I didn't have time to fully react.

One moment, a gold dragon was chasing Darkstalker through the sky, and the next, I was in so much pain I couldn't move.

Plummeting down, I was sure I wouldn't be able to use a spell to save myself in time.

But star scattered wings come into my sight, and I'm no longer floating. 

"I got you" is all I heard as we swerve haphazardly through the air, causing my eyes to see spots. I'm trying so hard to stay conscious, and put together words to save us both.

Darkstalker...

Rogue lays limply I'm my talons as I dodge and turn to avoid the streams of purple fire sent our way. But I'm getting tired quickly, not strong enough to keep both of us up for long.

I once again drop, straight into the castle this time. And, glide carefully towards the throne room. It's not easy with this small space, and my breathing starts to become labored.

But I can still hear him, roaring through the halls. He'll find us if I slow down.

When I finally see the throne ahead, I land, setting her down and finally seeing the damage to her scales.

She rammed him in order to protect me, but she didn't have any magic protecting her like I had. So large black burns cover her neck and chest, and her breathing is shallow and scratchy.

If I had my magic-

From her side the scroll holder glinted temptingly. But not here.

I pick her up again when I hear talon steps not far off, and growls.

I head behind the ornate chair to a stone doorway. 

The dungeon. 

Not usually the best place to hide out in, but it's our only chance right now.

Prying it open only enough to squeeze us both in, I close it swiftly, seeling us in the dark.

???...

Damn it!!! I already lost them.

Gggrrrrrr.

Hopefully I find them sooner than later. I'd hate to fail my first task given.

I pace down the halls tail lashing. 

What a dump. I bet even before it was abandoned it looked stupid. Not nearly as impressive as the sky palace.

My flourecent light gives everything a purple tint which at least makes it a little prettier.

GAH. Where could they have gone? This place is ridiculously big.

But if I have to spend days finding them...

...so be it.

Darkstalker...

In the dark, I can see a little, but not enough to find anything. 

I feel around for a bit in a panic till a soft pinkish light starts to fade in and out. 

Rogue is sitting up, her legs trembling but still. Her spots glow. 

Without hesitating this time I grad her scroll holder from her bag, and pull out that paper scrap from before.

She doesn't even react, her eyes closed in concentration. But her light is fading fast.

I don't have much time till she and it are gone.

I tap the crap to the holder, and then, open it.

There it is.

My talisman.

Fully restored.

Instead of writing on it, I blow flames straight at it.

And, once the last ashes fade, I feel it.

That current of energy living under my scales, washing over me swiftly.

I'm back.

(I wonder if anyone guessed how he would get his powers back beforehand? Anyway, next chapter I should have finished my sketch of our mystery Skywing. Till then!)

-Logatos