Chapter 39

We sit in silence a few minutes, as we all process what just happened. 

Darkstalker is staring at his talons, his tail lashing as he thinks. I sense his frustration, but also curiosity.

Jupiter just looks bored, yet still angry somehow, staring over the water, as if waiting for the goddess to return.

And I'm sitting here with my tail wrapped over my talons, my wings pulled close. It's a lot to take in right now, the journey ahead, and it's dangers.

How am I supposed to help anyone without my magic? Or my sight? Those two things are what has shaped my life so far. It feels wrong to just give it up to venture into the unknown.

But that's what I'm going to do. My sight still works right now, and every path leads to them flying over the water.

So.... It must be the right thing.

"Rogue, are you certain?" Dark asks me, feeling my determination in our bond.

"Yes. I can handle it" I assure him. But inside I'm still trembling. I hope this is the right choice.

"... But, we need to prepare"

He nods seriously.

"How exactly?..."

We both turn to Jupiter, who looks at us bored still. 

"... Gem said magic items from here will still work there, I just can't use new spells. So, I'm going to make a few small things that might prove useful."

I explain calmly. I want to be kind to Jupiter since he's a part of our little team now. I can forget the attack. But not Dark it seems.

Jupiter rolls his eyes, but doesn't look as annoyed.

"Oh ok, so we're going to cheat a bit then? Fun."

Darkstalker scowls at him.

"It's not cheating! It's called being prepared! But I guess someone like you doesn't worry about danger, since you can just disappear whenever!"

"... Says the dragon who disappeared for 2,000 years"

Jupiter retorts smugly. I think he might like making Dark angry.

"Guys, can you help me instead of arguing?"

I cut in, looking at them both annoyed.

Jupiter scoffs, but goes silent, and Dark looks at me apologetically, sitting back and calming down.

"Thank you. Now, we need to discuss what to make. I'll limit us to let's say... 5 things, two of them artifacts just to breath underwater, so when we cross the ocean you two don't drown"

They both look at me blankly.

"What?... I'm part Seawing, you guys aren't. Can't fly there in one day probably"

Realization dawn's on them, Darkstalker looking at me sheepishly, embarrassed he didn't realize that sooner. Jupiter just sighs grumpily.

I roll my eyes at them. These guys... Sigh...

"Let's just get back to the castle now before we talk more" 

They both nod, Jupiter still looking grumpy, but his eyes are softer now.

We all take off, sand flying in our wake and the sun still rising behind us, casting a golden look on the ebony towers of the decaying castle.

We fly in silence, but I sense unease from Dark constantly, fear of the unknown bothering him immensely. I guess we need to talk privately soon about that.

We land inside the room I've been staying in, and Jupiter scrutinizes it, before seeming satisfied and entering fully.

Dark glares at him a bit, but ignores the flamescales.

".... Alright..."

They both look at me curiously. 

"... Any ideas?"

(Short I know. But the last chapter after this will be packed I promise. I just wanted to give you all something for now)