Chapter 27

Their glowing ember like eyes surveyed the clouds below with disinterest, her long bejewelled tail flicking. 

Under her talons were more clouds, but these seemingly carved from the purest marble, flowing on the stone as though it were really moving.

Seeing as where she lived was the gods realm, it very well could be.

The orange-red dragoness was not very significant looking other than her crown of dewdrop gems, held together by delicate silver. 

And, of course, her tail seemingly soaked in gemstones of all colors, all brilliant. Actually, if you were to only see her tail, you would think her a Rainwing.

She was here at her window, overlooking the world for a very specific reason.

Above her the blue sky reined supreme, no clouds able to pass that high. It was odd that she needed this window, for there were no walls in this palace of moving marble.

She moves her tail to her other side, talons tapping impatiently as she seemingly stares into endless white fluff.

Her crown chimes beautifully as she suddenly leans forward, a smile gracing her elegant features. Her slitted pupils widen as she seemingly finds what she was looking for.

Truthfully, she hadn't wanted to be here. She had been asked to as a favor to another celestial. She hated him. But, this was a rare opportunity for her to mess with the mortal realm with permission.

Her scales shivered with excitement. Maybe this time her chosen vessel would actually be useful. Her last one was so disappointing. She still let her keep her blessing, but she no longer contacted her. It was for the best.

This time, she wanted someone a bit less ambitious. Someone shy, or reserved. That might fit her future she wants.

She wasn't sure why this Nightwing was so special. Sure, she had many gifts, but that didn't mean she could use them right.

A shape finally appears in the blank cloud, a small sleeping purple figure, close to a slightly larger black one.

Soon, soon everything will fall into place. 

She grins, her painfully sharp teeth shining pearly white.

Soon everything would be finished.