Chapter ³

Siya's father tapped on her thigh indicating her to follow Rajveer

Siya's father tapped on her thigh indicating her to follow Rajveer. As he got up and Siya also stood and followed closely behind him.

They stopped near the garden away from everyone's prying eyes.

" How old are you?" His cold voice boomed jolting Siya from her train of thoughts.

" Ji..mein?"

( Me?)

" Do you see anyone else here?"

" Ji I..I'm 21."

" Why did you agree for this marriage?"

" Papa ne bola." She whispered.

"Which college are you studying at?"

" I completed my 12 th standard uske baad papa ne bola ki padhai ki zarurat nahi hain aur."

( After I completed my 12 th standard my father told no need to study more.)

" You want to study further?"

" Huh yes sir!"

" Sir?" Rajveer asked and let out a chuckle.

" Um I mean Rajveer ji, sorry sorry but I really want to study I want to become a veterinary doctor, I like animals." Siya said smiling all her nervousness now gone.

" Hmm you like animals and you want to study further?" Rajveer let out and bent down to Siya's height moving close to her.

As soon as he lifted his hand Siya shielded her face, afraid that he would hit her.

' How can I be so stupid!? Study further. Seriously Siya!' she thought to herself.

" Why are you shaking like a leaf?" Rajveer asked as he brushed her cheeks.

" So..sorry?" Siya replied meekly.

" Do you want to ask me anything?"

" Ap..ap gusa maath karna par ap thode darawne lagte ho. Me..Mera matlab hain ki ap na aise ghoor the ho na tho Darr lagta hain vo meine apka interview dekha tha usme bhi ap Aisa dekh rahe the. Aur abhi bhi ap maroge tho nahi na?" Siya blabbered whatever that came in her mind forgetting who was standing infront of her.

( Don't get angry but you look a bit scary. I mean when you you stare na you look scary, I had seen an interview of you in that also you were staring like this. You won't hit me na?)

Rajveer looked at the woman standing in front of him blabbering with an amused look. Why would she think he would slap her, in his 29 years on this planet he had never raised his hand on a woman. Rajveer joined the dotes and knew that her mother and her were domestic violence victims.

Rajveer scoffed, the man who promotes woman safety is hitting his own women in his home. But yet again what can you imagine from a Maheshwari.

" Mein darawna lagta hoon?"