Chapter ⁴³

Rajveer woke up to his phone ringing, he looked at the time on the screen

2:00 am.

Dr.Ishan? Why would he call at this time. Rajveer carefully got out of their bed not wanting to disturb his wife. He placed her head on the pillow as she was sleeping on his chest and walked towards their balcony.

" Hello?"

" R.. Rajveer Jaya s.. she's I..in hospital. Y..your hospital. Can you come?" The man said crying.

" Hmm I'll be there as soon as possible." He said cutting the call.
Rajveer quietly walked out of their room to his garage and drove away to the hospital.

Hospital

" Dr.Ishan! What happened to ma?" Rajveer asked as soon as he arrived at the hospital. He saw the man waiting outside the room.

" S..she cut herself." He said crying.

" But she was okay? You said she had recovered? "

" D..don't know. I don't know what to do! She- don't know." Ishan said his palms on his face as he wept.

" Okay calm down, did you notice change in her behaviour?"

" Y..es, her nephew what's his name! Siddharth! Yes he had visited us. He told her something and she seemed to be scared? I..don't know! But she did not show signs of self harm Rajveer!"

" Okay calm down. Is she okay?"

" Yeah, I bought her in quick, the cut is a bit deep so it will need stitches. It wasn't her nerve she just cut herself. I..don't know why."

Rajveer sat beside the man as he cried, after years of yearning he had gotten married to the woman he loved. Ishan couldn't bear if something to her again.

" Dr. Would you mind giving me your house keys? I'll go get spare clothes for you. Your shirt has blood stains and all."

" Yeah here. Siya? You told her?"

" No. I will tell her. Let Jay go to school after that I'll tell her. I don't want him to be present at home."

" Hmm."

Rajveer took the keys at left for his mother-in-law's house. Something must have triggered her, his mother-in-law had definately changed over the years. It wasn't easy to break that woman now.

This guy whom Siddharth was talking about, who was he? Rajveer thought to himself.

He stepped inside the house and followed the drops of blood into the guest room.

A broken mirror and a blood pool.
He then went to the living room and was about to leave when his eyes fell on the pictures, that were on the table.

He took them in his hands and looked at it

" Disgusting." One man seemed to be in all of those pictures he noticed a d that was not Karan Maheshwari but someone else,
don't ask him how he knew.