Chapter ¹⁸

Press Conference

Press Conference

It was the day, Siya looked at Rajveer with sad eyes.

" Siya it's okay it's only a speech. Don't be nervous look at me okay? "

Siya was going to talk about women empowerment or so they thought, Siya knew what she was going to say.

" Good morning, I'm Siya Ka- no I'm
Siya Rajveer Raghuvanshi. But I'm also a victim of domestic violence and no and my husband is not my perpetrator but my own father is. "

Karan gasped and was about to get up someone pulled him down on his seat, it was his own wife.

" My father the great Karan Maheswari hated the fact that he had a daughter and not a son who could be his successor because according to him daughters are just baby machines and maids. All these years he has harmed my mother and me, he has raped my mother. When I was a little girl I used to hear screams from my parents room and the next day my mother's body used to be bruised badly. Some nights my father used to make my mother sleep on the floor outside their bedroom and he used to bring some other woman. I was a little child running around the house and accidentally knocked a vase over, my father burned me with a Cigarette bud for doing so. Animals, not even animals are treated more nicely than how my father treated me and my mother.
At 18 I was forced to stop my education. My father is a monster who rapes woman, he's a rapist and a woman beater.
When I was 13 I decided to put an end to it, I snuck out of our house to the police station to register a complaint against my father, i remember the cop calling father, he shows up and that day I got a beating of life."

Siya then removed her jacket that she was wearing, there was a big burn mark on her back. She turned around and showed the crowd.

" My father was furious, he called all my family members, a hot iron rod was placed on my back, I screamed in agony for someone to help me, my mother already unconscious. These are the people we expect to protect us and those officers who took the bribe instead of helping a little girl.
Then I met a man no no my husband Rajveer ji. He's a god he..he treats with respect love and care. Rajveer ji allowed me to complete my studies saying that my studies were more important. He made me understand women are not baby making machines or maid they are people too. He showed me a different world and we haven't been married for long but this man is a ray of sunshine in my life. I wish all women would get a husband like Rajveer ji and I know my children would be the luckiest to have him as their father. My father has made one good decision for me and that was he got me married to Rajveer ji. If you want your daughters and wives to be safe then vote for men like Rajveer ji and no..not Karan Maheswari.
I love you Rajveer ji." Siya said looking at him.

Rajveer was stunned he sat there looking at the woman in front of him, his wife. Siya Rajveer Raghuvanshi. This isn't what was planned she was given a pre-written speech about women empowerment.

Then he looked at his beloved Sasur ji his mouth opened and closing like a goldfish.

Siya slowly walked towards Rajveer and looked at him but before she could say something he pulled her in a bone crushing hug.